Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Post by Phade » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey Everyone!!

Ok, that took WAY too long. Getting all the donations validated and the really simple chunk of code to do the random drawing thing was wrought with stupid little technical difficulties (not to mention having to take care of sick family members in all that). But everything is up and running now and should proceed smoothly from now on!

But before I announce the winners, I just wanted to talk about the [feels the collective smack of “Get on with it!!”]. Ok, ok!! The winner of the first 250GB hard drive is Dokidoki! I won’t say exactly how much he bid for this week’s top prize, but his donation this week was more than my matching challenge pledge of $1000 (which means I’m hoping that tax refund check gets here soon). ^_^

The random drawing contest for the 160GB drive had well over 1000 entries. All of those entries were thrown into a virtual hat and the lucky winner this week is, hey, what’s that shiny thing over there, oh wait, ummm, yeah the winner is, well, I had it written down here somewhere, it’s our very own RolltheStampede! His contribution, while not the highest this week, was well above the average member and just enough to land him this week’s prize. ^_^

Congratulations to this week’s winners!! There are still 11 pairs of drives to be had. As a reminder, the random drawing drive entries are reset to just the folks who enter this week, Sunday to Saturday. This means that a fresh pot of entries for a fresh new prize! The top donation drive prize will use the accumulated donation amount from last week through this week (a message for you guys in the running for this prize: How much did you donate? How much do you think the second place donator donated? Will they donate more? Can you reach that high plus one? This will definitely mess with your head until next Sunday! Muuuaaahhh haaa haha ha ha!!)

Thanks again to everyone who has donated this week! The site is well on its way!!

Phade.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Donation Drive Contest: Week #1 Winners

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Wow, a huge round of applause for Doki. Because let's not forget, however big that mystery donation was, he's donated an ungodly amount of time and work to the .org already that has got to be worth far, far more. Pillar indeed :up:

Grats to RolltheStampede too, been a while since I've seen him on the .org here...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Holy shit Tim, fucking win dude :up: Nice donation :D

And Grats to Roll ;]

CrazyBS
Org Profile

Post by CrazyBS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm

You do understand that by tracking the donation stats, it is very possible to find the largest donation and one-up them. It may be more productive to turn off certain stats to keep things more of a guess. But that's up to you. Even the donation level stats can be tracked for changes and its possible to get a good idea of how much should be donated to stand a chance... Anyway, the point is, if this is really going to be an anonymous donation drive without revealing totals, these thing should be turned off.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Tim, doki, dude... wow. (at a loss for words) *bows down*

@CrazyBS: I say, track them stats, donations are donations are donations.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:42 pm

CrazyBS wrote:You do understand that by tracking the donation stats, it is very possible to find the largest donation and one-up them. It may be more productive to turn off certain stats to keep things more of a guess. But that's up to you. Even the donation level stats can be tracked for changes and its possible to get a good idea of how much should be donated to stand a chance... Anyway, the point is, if this is really going to be an anonymous donation drive without revealing totals, these thing should be turned off.
I don't think the stats will be that much of a problem as the stats are available to all members, they do not display individual contribution per member, and the large drives are given away based on all donations a member has made since Feb 22nd.

A large donation one week followed be a small one the next could be all it takes to win a drive. There is no way to know how much that combined total is unless you are the member that donated.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I knew that dokidoki makes huge profits of this site!

Gratz to both winners (b^^)b

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 pm

... stupid rich people.... >.>;

:P

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm