Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Post by AaronAMV » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I downloaded the trial, and I can't even get it to start up. It loads up, and gets to where it says
Loading ExporterAVI.prm
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working.
I'm running Vista 64-bit. Please help, at this point, no editing programs are working for me.

AaronAMV
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Post by AaronAMV » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm

I just tried Premiere CS3, and it's still not letting me load it. It stops where it says
Loading CompilerVfw.prm
Help? :cry:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 am

Weird... theoretically CS4 should be 100% compatible with Vista 64... maybe the trials are 32bit only or something? But you should still able to run them if they're installed in the x86 directory... ugh, I don't get it... for the time being try to move the ExporterAVI.prm ( should be in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common" ) in another directory so it won't load and see if that fixes it. If it does, then, well, you're stuck without the avi export, if it doesn't, then the issue lies somewhere else.

AaronAMV
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Since I already uninstalled CS4, I just did what you said, essentially, except I removed the CompilerVfw.prm anymore. It's not much of a loss, as I don't use the WFV codec, so Premiere CS3 starts up fine now. I can finally start editing again. Thanks mirk. :)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:23 pm

AaronAMV wrote:Since I already uninstalled CS4, I just did what you said, essentially, except I removed the CompilerVfw.prm anymore. It's not much of a loss, as I don't use the WFV codec, so Premiere CS3 starts up fine now. I can finally start editing again. Thanks mirk. :)
Actually, vfw stands for video for windows which would be .avi ...so you'd still have the avi export issue, I think. Try it first, though.

AaronAMV
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Crap... :O

Well, it still starts up, and exports. But rather than starting a new thread, I do have some exporting issues.

1. How do you loop a part to export, like in Vegas?
2. I can't export as Huffy, even though I have the codec installed. Do you know why?
3. When I exported, it said that VLC couldn't play it because the codec was v210, and the audio codec was undf; I exported it as uncompressed and got this error in VDub. I downloaded the v210 codec, so it works for the video, but I still can't play the audio. Any ideas?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:00 pm

AaronAMV wrote:Crap... :O

Well, it still starts up, and exports. But rather than starting a new thread, I do have some exporting issues.

1. How do you loop a part to export, like in Vegas?
2. I can't export as Huffy, even though I have the codec installed. Do you know why?
3. When I exported, it said that VLC couldn't play it because the codec was v210, and the audio codec was undf; I exported it as uncompressed and got this error in VDub. I downloaded the v210 codec, so it works for the video, but I still can't play the audio. Any ideas?
1. if you mean how to loop the preview, then just click on the loop symbol under the preview monitor and then click play and it'll loop the work area.
2. well, it might be related to the prm issue, not sure though. But anyway, premiere tends to fail at exporting stuff that isn't uncompressed, so you wouldn't want to use it.
3. ok, I have no clue about this one... try to see if you have the audio settings right as shown here... but I think you already have, so meh.

AaronAMV
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:33 pm

1. I don't mean the preview, I know how to do that. It's when I export, it exports the whole thing, 0:00-5:57 (End of the song), and it takes way longer than only five or six second to export.
2. Alright, that's fine.
3. Yes, my audio settings are correct. I tried to make an .avs and import it to Zarx, but it says that it can't find a compatible audio format... The same thing with VDub.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Put the interleave at one second.
When I put it on 1 frame, I got that same error.

AaronAMV
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 am

Nope. :|

Return to “Adobe Software”