The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards [OVER!]

Squancho
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by Squancho » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Corran wrote:
MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:
jasper-isis wrote:Obviously, A Little Retrospect is the exception. What do you think?
Letting Retrospect compete in non-collaborative categories sounds good to me. Thanks for the override, if you do.
I agree.

I do not consider it a MEP, but instead a single editor video that happens to use existing amvs as source.
Seconded. I was going to ask if it was just an editor using clips from existing full-length videos rather than all the editors involved creating new clips. I haven't seen the AMV in question, so is there a theme or general concept holding it together?

Anyway, on a more self-indulgent note :P, is it okay to "campaign" (as opposed to spamming) for our own videos? For example, I want to nominate something for consideration since I don't think I'm known enough around here to be noticed by name alone. Within the nomination, I would include that video's accomplishments over the past year, meaning contest awards and the like. After that, it's up to the voters to watch and decide if my entry deserved the recognition. Whaddya think?

Also, I didn't see "Me Wuvs You" on the qualified list and it was uploaded late April 2008. I need to ask a quick question about that one. The entry which has been competing at conventions isn't the same as the one uploaded to the 'org (some scenes and anime had been changed for technical reasons). Is it possible to replace the video I have on site with the "final" version on those grounds?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:39 pm

deuceloosely wrote: Also, I didn't see "Me Wuvs You" on the qualified list and it was uploaded late April 2008. I need to ask a quick question about that one. The entry which has been competing at conventions isn't the same as the one uploaded to the 'org (some scenes and anime had been changed for technical reasons). Is it possible to replace the video I have on site with the "final" version on those grounds and still be in the running for this year?
...fixeded. :sweat:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 pm

deuceloosely wrote:I haven't seen the AMV in question, so is there a theme or general concept holding it together?
The concept is that I get by with a little help from my friends. I also get high with a little help from my friends, and when I made that video, I tried with a little help from my friends.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 am

This is my favorite time of the musical year! :D

Now if only I could ever finish my first video to ever enter the contest for first video.... :lol:
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 am

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:I haven't seen the AMV in question, so is there a theme or general concept holding it together?
The concept is that I get by with a little help from my friends. I also get high with a little help from my friends, and when I made that video, I tried with a little help from my friends.
The "theme" thing isn't a hard and fast rule, just a guideline to help people figure out what a MEP generally is. Anyway, in Kit's case it doesn't matter because the AMV is a solo video, not a MEP or a collab.
deuceloosely wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:Also, I didn't see "Me Wuvs You" on the qualified list and it was uploaded late April 2008. I need to ask a quick question about that one. The entry which has been competing at conventions isn't the same as the one uploaded to the 'org (some scenes and anime had been changed for technical reasons). Is it possible to replace the video I have on site with the "final" version on those grounds and still be in the running for this year?
Did the version that you want to upload first complete at a convention in 2008?

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:19 am

Because of some dead downloads:
Bauzi wrote:
jasper-isis wrote:I'll delay the contest if needed. Nominations won't start until Phade or dero tells me that downloads are 100% back, and then we'll adjust the rest of the schedule accordingly.
How about uploads?
I wanted to request an upload for a VCA vid, but well it´s down. Will it be delayed too :|
:|
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm

jasper-isis wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:Also, I didn't see "Me Wuvs You" on the qualified list and it was uploaded late April 2008. I need to ask a quick question about that one. The entry which has been competing at conventions isn't the same as the one uploaded to the 'org (some scenes and anime had been changed for technical reasons). Is it possible to replace the video I have on site with the "final" version on those grounds and still be in the running for this year?
Did the version that you want to upload first complete at a convention in 2008?[/quote]
Old version: Anime Mid Atlantic, June 2008.
Final version: NekoCon, November 2008.

The issue, though, is whether or not I can replace the uploaded version with the final and still make it into the contest. The title may be eligible but what about the actual video? Will I have to settle for the old one after all or can I make the switch?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:51 am

Most of you probably noticed that February 27th passed without any sign of nominations starting. It appears that due to continuing technical difficulties, Phade and derobert will require until Monday to finish restoring upload capability and the last 1/10th of the missing local files. We'll adapt the VCA calendar accordingly. In the meantime, if you forgot to check the "all my videos are entered into the catalog" checkbox before the original deadline, this is your chance to still get in!

deuceloosely wrote:Old version: Anime Mid Atlantic, June 2008.
Final version: NekoCon, November 2008.

The issue, though, is whether or not I can replace the uploaded version with the final and still make it into the contest. The title may be eligible but what about the actual video? Will I have to settle for the old one after all or can I make the switch?
the remaster vs. remake guidelines wrote:Please note that a new version of a video with better editing is not a remaster, it is a remake and should have its own entry if it is significantly different to the original.
* remaster - to recreate a video using the same video content but with different (usually cleaner) source material; the new video should have the exact same content, scene for scene. Example: Your video was originally created with VHS source. The DVDs for the anime used in your video have now been released. You can then create a remastered version of your video with the DVD source. The final video should look exactly like the original video, except with greater visual quality.
If you make a new entry for the remake, you can still set the premiere date to November 2008, so it will be eligible. However, since uploads are still broken right now you won't be able to the upload the video to our local servers until sometime next week. :|

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Is it just me, or is there no place to suggest award categories this year?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Scintilla wrote:Is it just me, or is there no place to suggest award categories this year?
No, that's right. The category nominations have been skipped this year to streamline things a bit for the administration after all the server troubles.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Site Announcements”