Anime North 2009

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
FreedomEditor
Org Profile

Anime North 2009

Post by FreedomEditor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Whos planning on going? I know ill be there

§Daisuke
Org Profile

Re: Anime North 2009

Post by §Daisuke » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 am

Definitely. I'm not missing this at all.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 am

I'm planning on going with my friends. I hope I can make it. I'm gonna try to go all 3 days.
Last edited by hasteroth on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm

I also hope to go (if my friends will make up a decision on going or not.) If so, I want to cosplay as Eureka from Eureka SeveN. ^^

FreedomEditor
Org Profile

Post by FreedomEditor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Anime North 2009
May 22-24

Events for Anime North 2009 will take place at the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel, the Toronto Congress Center, and the nearby Renaissance Toronto Airport Hotel.

Convention Hours

Anime North 2009 runs over the weekend of May 22-24, 2009. Convention hours are:

Friday, May 22, 2009 6 PM to 2 AM
Saturday, May 23, 2009 10 AM to 2 AM
Sunday, May 24, 2009 10 AM to 6 PM

On Friday, the Dealers' Room will open early, at 5 PM.

Anime North Registration

Admissions to Anime North 2009 can be purchased at the Registration Desk during the convention, or ahead of time through the mail or our online registration site. Anime North merchandise can also be pre-ordered along with your admission.

All members of the convention are required to wear an Anime North convention badge at the con, as proof that you have purchased a membership and are entitled to attend all the convention's functions. Badges are obtained at the Registration Desk, which will be located in the Toronto Congress Center just inside the main entrance doors of Hall F (note, this is further down the side of the TCC from Hall D, where Registration was located last year). Attendees are required to print their full names on the badges.

If you pre-register for the convention, please bring a copy of your confirmation form to the Registration Desk to obtain your Anime North badge.

Please read over the following information and if you have any questions, first check the Registration FAQ, and then, should you have further questions or concerns, please e-mail Anime North Registration This e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

On-Site Registration Anime North memberships will be on sale at the Registration Desk for all three days of the convention. Single day and weekend admissions will be available. Cash only will be accepted; no cheques, credit cards or debit cards. Weekend admissions cover all three days of the convention; single day admissions are valid only for each day.

Weekend admission $55.00 CDN / $45 USD

Single Day Price Reg Desk Hours
Friday $35 CDN / $30 USD 1 PM to 9 PM
Saturday $40 CDN / $35 USD 9 AM to 7 PM
Sunday $35 CDN / $30 USD 9:30 AM to 4 PM

Please note that all taxes (GST and PST) are included in the admission price. Starting in 2008, the Ontario Ministry of Finance requires us to charge PST on our admission prices.

Child Registration
Children between 6 and 13 years of age are admitted for half-price of the corresponding adult admission, but must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over.

Children 6 and under are admitted free, but must be accompanied by an adult 18 or over.

Pre-RegistrationAttendees can take advantage of lower prices by purchasing their admission before the convention. Pre-admission is for the full 3-day weekend only; single day admissions can only be purchased at the door.

The final deadline for pre-registration is April 17, 2009. If you are purchasing your membership through the mail, your letter must be postmarked by this date.

For more Info head over to there website

http://www.animenorth.com/joomla15/

jethropr
Org Profile

Post by jethropr » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 am

as always, i'll have a video there, and will be there for alteast 1 of the 3 days :P

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm gonna be silly and try to blend in with the all the people dressed as L. I challenge you to find me.

I've changed my mind. I'm going as either Itsuki Iba from Rental Magica or Hayate Ayasaki. I'm only missing one piece from each costume. Blue hair for Hayate (I could probably find a wig) and the eyepatch for Iba.
Last edited by hasteroth on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Dammit. I knew i should have made a video for AN this year. :|

I'll prob be there. Not sure how much though, I start work again on the 15'th. I'll be the short guy with a goatee and sun glasses. Probably reeking of weed, if all goes well. :jester:

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:51 pm

About how long on average is the wait time for registration? I wanna get in quickly but I won't complain if I have to wait for a little while. I'm debating how early to show up.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:51 pm

I think I might be there with a friend...

Not 100% sure, perhaps about 90%.

Return to “Anime Conventions”