Willing to trade opinions

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Willing to trade opinions

Post by BishounenStalker » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:30 am

Very simple. Review my video, and I'll review yours. Preferably a direct link, or a really reliable indirect one. All format types (except for RealMedia). No LinkinBall Z vids (I've seen too many, they all look the same).

And here's my link:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=11855

Downloading my vid off FilePlanet mat take a little patience (see the infamous FilePlanet thread in the GeneralAMV board for more details). You'll need an account with GameSpy if you don't have one (it's free, takes 5 minutes), and second, they run off line-based FTP (unless you have a paid subscription to GameSpy. Then you can access the uber-fast servers and skip the line). In other words, there will more than likely be a 1-hr wait in line before your download starts (heck, it's free. There's got to be a downside).

But as I can't afford hosting at the time, nor can I run my own FTP server because the damn university ISP has port 21 stealthed, FilePlanet is my only option for public download. My suggestion: wait until either late night or early morning, when the FilePlanet servers aren't quite so busy.

P.S. -- If anyone knows a place that offers 50MB free hosting with no files or file type imitations, let me know!

tamashii
Org Profile

Aight

Post by tamashii » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:18 pm

here's mine

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=12592

I'm now waiting in a 36 minute line to download, as soon as I'm done with that I'll start the download.

*thank god for broadband*

:D
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Currently Downloading

Post by BishounenStalker » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:31 pm

Ok, I'm downloading yours right now. I'll leave the op right after I view it. (screw my 56K for now, using the school's broadband connection since I gotta be on campus anyway. God I love being a leech sometimes.)

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Unfortunately....

Post by BishounenStalker » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:23 pm

It'll hafta wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) night at the earliest. I just tried to download it right now, and the crappy school computers won't play it because they don't have DivX (forgot about that, I'm spoiled with my laptop =P). I'll TRY to set it to download tonight and possibly review it Tuesday morning, but no guarantees. I'm going home for Thanksgiving circa 3 p.m. tomorrow, and need to pack for 4-5 hour road trip. But I promise, I WILL review it either Tuesday morning or Tuesday evening when I get home (have broadband there).

tamashii
Org Profile

k

Post by tamashii » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:09 pm

ok that will give me more time cuz i tried to download it but it messed up, so I'll try again tommorow ( tuesday ) morning
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

There's something really weird going on

Post by BishounenStalker » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:14 am

I've tried downloading "Order to Oath" a few times now on my 56, including using a download manager. For some really strange reason, it won't go past more than 12 megs. Is it possible for you to give me the FTP information to access it? (I'm assuming that's how you uploaded it)

tamashii
Org Profile

hmmm

Post by tamashii » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:35 am

you said you downloaded all of it with your broadband at school right? cuz I talked to someone with 56k and he has the same problem. No I can't my host would get pissed and take my videos off probably. I'd say try again, or can't you install the DivX player at your school, watch it and then delete it right after.
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

I know the feeling

Post by BishounenStalker » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:22 am

Believe me if I could, I would. Unfortunately the comp have safeguards on them that don't let you install software (unless you're a lab-tech). At any rate, I'll just download it tonight when I get to Miami. I've got broadband there, so I shouldn't have a problem.

tamashii
Org Profile

K

Post by tamashii » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:53 pm

Dam fileplanet I waited like 5 times for nothing, cuz It kicked me off ( I know its not your fault ), but I downloaded all of it.

Opinions up and I'll wait for mine I guess.
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

BishounenStalker
Org Profile

Finalmente!

Post by BishounenStalker » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:50 pm

Well, I finally posted your opinion!

Return to “Works in Progress”