So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Why does it feel like some of the phraseology is pulled from things i've read before?

Also - nice job with it. I think a bit of a kick to be adventurous in your NLE of choice wouldn't hurt either. I know just fucking around in AE or Premiere with wild ideas can sometimes lead to... well, crap in my case, but somewhat innovative crap at least.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 pm

I appreciate it Godix :up:
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:31 am

It'd be nice to see something about montage or cut theory added to one of these guides one day. I see you touched on it a bit when you mentioned film techniques. The Color Theory bit was quite interesting, I'd never actually heard about that until now. Actually that was probably one of the best, most helpful guides I've read on the subject of helping new editors improve, geez man, you're actually going to EARN most helpful at this rate.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 am

Whops, knew I forgot to do something!
Knowname wrote:Isn't there like 3 of these floating around now?? What tha fuck?? Thanks alot Godix :down: you just add to the rest of the org sesspool seriously lame.
Godix for most helpful!
ImageImageImageImage

-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

Fuckin finally! Color theory!! You did a pretty damn good job hehe :book: Nice...

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:39 am

I think this should go into the guides sections. Very well done. :o
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:54 am

G'damn, godix writing a useful guide either means that the org reached the bottom or the end of the world is close...

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:36 pm

godix wrote:Fuck you, you cum guzzling pre-simian bastard. God created flies, maggots, cockroaches, ticks, leeches, and ebola but the creation of you was undoubtedly his masterpiece in things that sicken and destroy humanity. We should trace back your bloodline and kill any sibling, cousin, or indeed anyone with even a trace of your families DNA in order to cleanse humanity of our plague. As well we need to eliminate anyone who would mate with you, which means we'll need to exterminate all sewer rats and any sheep that is unable to outrun you. Fucking trying to change, are you kidding me?
Oooh, attention! *ish happy*

But stop talking about yourself in the third person, else I will LOSE FAITH.

And you can do another guide on how to be a good YouTube video editor - make sure the footage has subs (or even low-quality animated GIFs from the internet) to get people's sympathy, use as many effects as possible, flashing on every beat, and using the selective colour replacement to create a RPC (role-playing character - supposedly an original creation) :up:

(and btw, it's true - they LIKE those kinds of videos)

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:44 am

ArashinomeAMV wrote:It'd be nice to see something about montage or cut theory added to one of these guides one day. I see you touched on it a bit when you mentioned film techniques. The Color Theory bit was quite interesting, I'd never actually heard about that until now. Actually that was probably one of the best, most helpful guides I've read on the subject of helping new editors improve, geez man, you're actually going to EARN most helpful at this rate.
Feel free to discuss montage theory if you like and I may roll it in, personally I don't know enough about that to do it justice. Film ain't my thing, you'll notice most of that part actually originates from theories about still images like paintings but can be applied to video. Glad to know some people are thinking about that part though. To often editors get the mindset of they'll make a video just like Euphoria or Spoil or whatever the fad amv of the month is and the end result is a carbon copy of an AMV that already exists. Even the helpful people around here don't help that much by pointing people to good AMVs as examples of what to do, that carries the unspoken implication of 'so copy what they do exactly'. There are centuries of art theory and art styles which can be modified and applied to videos to produce something unique among the hobby. I tried to make it possible to at least think about looking outside the hobby for inspiration without sounding like a pretentious dickhead, although I do note the text file on my HD is named 'artistic faggot guide.txt'

As for earning most helpful, why is everyone stabbing me in the back like this? Come on, I did just release a how to be an asshole guide as well (which, incidentally, has more replies. Apparently you people are more interested in being assholes than being good editors. Granted that's not all that surprising). What more does a man have to do to protect his reputation?

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:35 am

godix wrote:As for earning most helpful, why is everyone stabbing me in the back like this? Come on, I did just release a how to be an asshole guide as well (which, incidentally, has more replies. Apparently you people are more interested in being assholes than being good editors. Granted that's not all that surprising). What more does a man have to do to protect his reputation?
Just admit it already. You want to be loved.

Return to “General AMV”