The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards [OVER!]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:27 pm

jasper-isis wrote:There's no length requirement.

Since the database can't automatically differentiate between MEPs and regular collaborative videos, I'm going to have to manually check all the nominations when they're in.
I may as well ask this now: is A Little Retrospect eligible to compete for Best Multi-Editor Project?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:22 am

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:

Since the database can't automatically differentiate between MEPs and regular collaborative videos, I'm going to have to manually check all the nominations when they're in.
I may as well ask this now: is A Little Retrospect eligible to compete for Best Multi-Editor Project?
If it isn't I'm gonna unleash the wrath of the Raven God on the place.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you were the only person who did the conceptualization and editing for that video. There are multiple editors and tracks in a literal sense, but in essence you were the only editor who worked to bring this video into being. So unfortunately no, it does not qualify for the MEP category. It may not get filtered out during the nominations stage, so I will have to manually DQ it if it gets nominated for best MEP. It can still complete in other categories (like best sentimental, for example).

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

jasper-isis wrote:It can still complete in other categories (like best sentimental, for example).
Really? Even though other people accepted collaboration, it can still compete in single video categories? :shock:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Hmm, that is a good point. In the past we've prohibited MEPs from participating in other categories in order to prevent huge voting blocs of MEP participants that would crowd out solo AMVs. This year I was going to allow collabs as opposed to MEPs to compete in other categories because they are generally worked on by fewer people. Obviously, A Little Retrospect is the exception. What do you think?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I reccommend reading first few pages of "Best MEP" thread in '09 VCAs section, since it's already been discussed there from various points.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:I reccommend reading first few pages of "Best MEP" thread in '09 VCAs section, since it's already been discussed there from various points.
I don't think the issue is collab vs MEP like last years discussion was about. Rather it's is his video really a MEP. As one of the collabs on it, I think the answer is no since I (and I imagine most of the collabs) didn't even know the video was being done until it was uploaded and the org was asking if I wanted to accept collab credit. In this specific case overriding the automatics that keep MEPs out of individual categories would probably be a good idea.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Just my two cents on the Retrospect thing, some of the MEP segments were already released before 2008 (and some may have or have not already won in the VCAs) and the such. So unless there's a rule about MEP segments being made and released before 2008 then I don't see a problem. But that's just my two cents :/
Under Construction

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:07 am

jasper-isis wrote:In the past we've prohibited MEPs from participating in other categories in order to prevent huge voting blocs of MEP participants that would crowd out solo AMVs. This year I was going to allow collabs as opposed to MEPs to compete in other categories because they are generally worked on by fewer people.
That sounds like a fair compromise.
jasper-isis wrote:Obviously, A Little Retrospect is the exception. What do you think?
Letting Retrospect compete in non-collaborative categories sounds good to me. Thanks for the override, if you do.
8bit_samurai wrote:Just my two cents on the Retrospect thing, some of the MEP segments were already released before 2008 (and some may have or have not already won in the VCAs) and the such. So unless there's a rule about MEP segments being made and released before 2008 then I don't see a problem. But that's just my two cents :/
Considering Animasia was allowed to compete in '06, I'd say that wouldn't have any effect on eligibility.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:10 am

jasper-isis wrote:Obviously, A Little Retrospect is the exception. What do you think?
Letting Retrospect compete in non-collaborative categories sounds good to me. Thanks for the override, if you do.
I agree.

I do not consider it a MEP, but instead a single editor video that happens to use existing amvs as source.

Return to “Site Announcements”