CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Re: Best Comedy Video

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:There should be a separate category for best troll video.
x2

I've gone up against this video at least two times last year and lost. Probably'll be going for some rematches with it this year...
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.
The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Although I originally conceived this as a drama, somehow it's consistently won as a comedy. So go figure.

I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I've gotta give props to my girl Driftroot...I love this vid. My favourite part is the "...cats and dogs, living together!" gag at the end. :D

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.
The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 am

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.
I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:
I think i still have my conspiracy badge somewhere - gotta remember to bring that to AB again this year.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I got a 404 when I tried to DL it.

Return to “2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”