So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be A *GOOD* Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:08 am

Godix for most helpful!
ImageImageImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

Something's not quite right here...

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:35 am

ngsilver wrote:Godix for most helpful!
A gain!!! :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Extremely detailed and powerful info. I have a question, do you mind if I copy this, make it a video and broadcast it on YT for my subscribers and friends? I will be sure to give credit to you, I feel that this needs to be shown to my fans who want to be editors and my friends who are already editors. For those who haven't edited they'll have a good grip on what to do and my fellow editors will have a tighter grip on how to handle their biz, I have those who are only into one genre to edit to: action, romance, drama, etc. I mix together different genres with different musics and outta the 57 decent editors I associate with, only 4 of us actually do what I do. Not that there's anything wrong with just editing to one genre but you'll be shown as a wide-range editor in my opinion if you can handle different genres with good combinations of musics and animes. Not most people know how to do this though but due to how elaborate and organized this is, it will help spread more knowledge to more people besides those on the org on how to edit with sense. And even if they still want to edit to just one genre they'll still gain knowledge on how to tighten their skills better, this is one of the most helpful guides.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:42 pm

a lot of good theory in here, i think it should be added to the guides...

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm

>_<
I can't read all this text, my english is not good enough for it... I'm sure it's very interesting though...

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 pm

At first I was like TL;DR ... but then I read it. :o

Funny - "writing a useful and detailed guide" was never mentioned in "how to be an org asshole" - IS IT POSSIBLE YOU'RE TRYING TO CHANGE???? :shock:

The colour theory is the most useful to me - I'd never really known it - and I could adjust the hue/saturation/luminosity/brightness/contrast of the footage. Just because it's fixed footage, doesn't mean I can't get something that adds to the effect. I mean, isn't that how people create their so-called RPCs?

Hey, there's no conclusion to your guide. :/ (quite appropriate that it ended on "large chunks of text" ) But I guess it would be pretty similar to the intro (which is what it's meant to be!)

"first we tell them what we'll tell them, then we tell them, then we tell them what we told them". Repetition, m'dear! Maybe something like "regardless of which method you choose, remember to {blah blah}"

And nice to read this, because at the mo I've got 2 ideas for AMVs with quite repetitive themes, and I need to know how to make it more interesting while not letting my ideas on how others would react rule the process.

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 pm

I agree with the vast majority of what you have to say about Lip Sync. Sometimes, it is useful to disrupt the flow of the video however to emphasize a couple of words in the lyrics. For example...

Despite the controlled randomness in the montage scenes (nicely mood synced, but he goes through a different anime every second...), the Lip Sync settles down and demonstrates to the audience who the main character is. It also sets up a base for the montage... in the mass of images and characters, only one character is ever Lip Synced, and it is always in the same setting (close to the computer thingy).

Second, I'm sure you're aware of the other forms of Lip Sync... but I thought I could mention them. It is possible to have action going on while you lip-sync. It just that it takes a bit of luck and requires more work.

I'm sure one, maybe two, of those are "accidental" lip syncs (we all had those, right? :-) ). But I'm sure heavy editing work was done so that K-Type was able to sync movements while lip syncing. (main character points to his head as he says "Something's on my mind tonight", dancing with the mop, etc. etc. The one ~1:30 is the best example methinks)

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Pas wrote:Something's not quite right here...
Feels like a trap feeling ya', right? :lol:

That Motivation section is something that really needs to be kept in the back of everyone's mind. :up:

(of course, it is also important to have some basic competency in editing)
ImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Knowname wrote:Isn't there like 3 of these floating around now?? What tha fuck?? Thanks alot Godix :down: you just add to the rest of the org sesspool seriously lame.
I've seen your videos, you obviously didn't understand anything about decent editing the first couple times around so I figured I'd present it again...
ngsilver wrote:Godix for most helpful!
God damnit, it's no fun if I earn it.
Jwalk0 wrote:Extremely detailed and powerful info. I have a question, do you mind if I copy this, make it a video and broadcast it on YT for my subscribers and friends?
In general I assume anything I put on the internet is fair game to be copied or modified regardless of if I gave my permission or not. So you're free to do what you want with it. I question a video of it since it is rather long but whatever, have fun. Lord knows the tube does need some clue about decent editing.
dazza1008 wrote:Funny - "writing a useful and detailed guide" was never mentioned in "how to be an org asshole" - IS IT POSSIBLE YOU'RE TRYING TO CHANGE????
Fuck you, you cum guzzling pre-simian bastard. God created flies, maggots, cockroaches, ticks, leeches, and ebola but the creation of you was undoubtedly his masterpiece in things that sicken and destroy humanity. We should trace back your bloodline and kill any sibling, cousin, or indeed anyone with even a trace of your families DNA in order to cleanse humanity of our plague. As well we need to eliminate anyone who would mate with you, which means we'll need to exterminate all sewer rats and any sheep that is unable to outrun you. Fucking trying to change, are you kidding me?
dazza1008 wrote:Hey, there's no conclusion to your guide.
I didn't think anyone would actually read to the end.

Return to “General AMV”