Can we please get some elaboration in here?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Can we please get some elaboration in here?

Post by Pwolf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Knowname wrote:if you see chang and jasper's suggestions as similar than o.0 but whatever (I saw them as exact opposites).
i'm not saying they are similar, i'm saying that they compliment each other for my situation... I feel like I contribute to the so call circle jerk simply because I usually only watch my friend's videos... if someone would give me a good reason to watch another video, i might actually do so.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Besides comments would generate much too much unnecessary banter (arguement... you KNOW we all LOVE to argue...).
Last edited by Knowname on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Knowname wrote:if you see chang and jasper's suggestions as similar than o.0 but whatever (I saw them as exact opposites).
i'm not saying they are similar, i'm saying that they compliment each other for my situation... I feel like I contribute to the so call circle jerk simply because I usually only watch my friend's videos... if someone would give me a good reason to watch another video, i might actually do so.
streaming seems to be your simple answer... I'm not convinced it'll be good enough though lol (both for you and if the org will be able to make that transition). Believe me I understand your plight... but because I have all day to watch videos I'm not too apathetic, sorry for the tone. I tend to do that to those that have a life to tend to lol.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Knowname wrote:Besides nobody ever reads them, they're like video info pages. Have no baring on the subject really. I like to read info pages AFTER I watch the video, just like how I judge animes, I look at the rating (say at animenfo) and the summary, then the reviews AFTER when I can agree or disagree with them.
That's where the mistake lies.

Also, most people are too lazy to write info pages or take it in that cool manner: "Who reads infos, ololol, let's write something funny here!"

It should, IMO, give all the necessary information about the vid that you should know "before" watching. At least I try to compose my infos that way. Dunno how much I succeed, but it makes me kinda sad when someone just storms through the vid and then goes and rips it apart in QC, nagging that it's "too slow" - when I warned in info that it's too slow...

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Knowname wrote: if time is your problem than I suggest streaming as your answer, not comments.

also I suggest you watch a few videos... at least JUST the finalists. If not that your just complaining to complain right?? I mean what good would it do? we aren't you, nobody can tell you what you definitively will like. I mean, say you STILL aren't satisfied say if this time next year we have streaming. You don't want take the 5 minutes out of your day to watch every video on the pretense. Isn't that ALWAYS gonna be the problem?? Ppl's opinions are generally their opinions and if they went through the effort of putting comments they would exaggerate certain points (maybe not an exaggeration from their viewpoint though). You have to see that the end would be the same.
Maybe i'm explaining this incorrectly... I'm not saying I don't have the time to sit down and watch a bunch of videos... I don't have the time to sit down and watch a ton of crappy videos that were only recommended to me because it was someone's friend who made it. I'd be perfectly fine looking through the nomination threads, as i have, if people would explain a little bit about what makes their nomination so great. I haven't downloaded a single video though because i've either seen the video already or nothing about the video's information screams out "Watch me". That's not going to prevent me from watching the semi-finalists or finalists...

The whole point of opening the VCA forum now is so that people can get the word out to other people about what they think should be nominated... What the hell is the point of the damn forum if all everyone is going to do is spam it with nonsense and circle jerking... no one is going to pay attention to it after so long... so when the nominations are in, no one gives a shit about anyone else and they'll just vote for what they know.

If people would actually sit down for a second and think about why they want to nominate a video, they might think twice about listing random bullshit for the sake of it.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:when I warned in info that it's too slow...
it's STILL too slow, take it from a negative nancie myself, info's are a WASTE of time lol... saying it's too slow will still get you comments like it's too slow. It's just the curmudgeon's favorite excuse ;p.

No but seriously you shouldn't put your own video down. EVEN if you think it's too slow it may not seem so to somebody but if you put it there they will always (provided they read the info) EXPECT it to be too slow.

and THAT is precisely why I DON'T read the info... it just has me going in with the wrong (read: a bad) impression half the time. Nobody ever feels better or worse about their own video than their own creator. I mean you may hate every video you make, but you still wouldn't give it up for the world.

anyway don't show that you have any apprehensions, your giving up on yourself. *the more you know*

edit: did I just I just call videos *they* lol it's ALIVE!! lol man I need a break...
Pwolf wrote:Maybe i'm explaining this incorrectly... I'm not saying I don't have the time to sit down and watch a bunch of videos... I don't have the time to sit down and watch a ton of crappy videos that were only recommended to me because it was someone's friend who made it. I'd be perfectly fine looking through the nomination threads, as i have, if people would explain a little bit about what makes their nomination so great. I haven't downloaded a single video though because i've either seen the video already or nothing about the video's information screams out "Watch me". That's not going to prevent me from watching the semi-finalists or finalists...

The whole point of opening the VCA forum now is so that people can get the word out to other people about what they think should be nominated... What the hell is the point of the damn forum if all everyone is going to do is spam it with nonsense and circle jerking... no one is going to pay attention to it after so long... so when the nominations are in, no one gives a shit about anyone else and they'll just vote for what they know.

If people would actually sit down for a second and think about why they want to nominate a video, they might think twice about listing random bullshit for the sake of it.
yeah, I hardly participate in the first round any more... especially even before the nominations are EVEN out lol. I mean one year I put a big gigantic list of suggestions together (I could get you my list with SUGGESTIONS from 2004-2007) and more than half of them didn't even click the check box to enter =/.
Last edited by Knowname on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Maybe I'm in the minority here (most likely), but I download vids normally based on 3 things.

1. Do I like the anime?
2. Do I like the music?
3. Does the combination of the two (even if one of them is a "not like") pique my interest?

There are a couple of editors here that I will download whatever they put out, because I've liked their past work and I'm interested to see what their latest offering is. Apart from that, I just use my narrow requirements when I DL.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 am

jasper-isis wrote:Mark my word, the day you actually defeat that mentality is the day that I will willingly abuse my admin powers and hand you Most Helpful. :idea:

(j/k... kind of...)
If I ever actually earned Most Helpful I would instantly have to pull an asshole move to get myself banned if for no other reason than the sake of principle. Actually earning an award, christ, that's against the entire point of godix for most helpful.

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:31 am

godix wrote:
jasper-isis wrote:Mark my word, the day you actually defeat that mentality is the day that I will willingly abuse my admin powers and hand you Most Helpful. :idea:

(j/k... kind of...)
If I ever actually earned Most Helpful I would instantly have to pull an asshole move to get myself banned if for no other reason than the sake of principle. Actually earning an award, christ, that's against the entire point of godix for most helpful.
Maybe we could change the title to Most "Helpful". *queue ironic quotation marks*

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:14 am

Jesus christ I really hope that everyone on this page is just trolling. 0/10 guys. :down:

Return to “2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”