Best Comedy Video

This forum is for the discussion of AMVs for the 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards. This is a temporary forum and will be removed when the contest is done.

Re: Best Comedy Video

Postby suberunker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:

Easily the funniest of 2008.

Agreed. :up:
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!
suberunker

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:There should be a separate category for best troll video.

x2

I've gone up against this video at least two times last year and lost. Probably'll be going for some rematches with it this year...
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.

The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Although I originally conceived this as a drama, somehow it's consistently won as a comedy. So go figure.

I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I've gotta give props to my girl Driftroot...I love this vid. My favourite part is the "...cats and dogs, living together!" gag at the end. :D

CorpseGoddess

Postby CorpseGoddess » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

:twisted: You kind of have to see this in person to appreciate the full effect on several thousand unsuspecting audience members, but trust me when I say it works quite well.

The group dynamic is really strong here. It creates a moving wave of laughter and resentment.

Between this, your Takeout, and Zarx's 58008 I don't know what to pick - it was definitely a good year for comedy.

It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.
CorpseGoddess

Postby OropherZero » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 am

OropherZero

Postby DriftRoot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am

CorpseGoddess wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:

It absolutely works with the audience component. Vlad showed this at Anime Evolution last year, and I know our group was in tears by the end of it. Pant-wettingly funny when everybody's having synchronized hysterics.

I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:
DriftRoot

Postby Funky-kun » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Funky-kun

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I have to admit, however, that I got more amusement out of the whole build-up to Serenade (it was all hush hush, in a "DOKOOL IS GOING TO SCREW WITH YOU GUYS BIG TIME" sort of way, which appropriately raised expectations and concern) and dokool & Co.'s undisguised glee at Anime Boston where Serenade premiered. It wasn't the AMV I was watching and laughing at so much as them and the audience. :rofl:

I think i still have my conspiracy badge somewhere - gotta remember to bring that to AB again this year.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Ishbalan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I got a 404 when I tried to DL it.
Ishbalan

Postby CorpseGoddess » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:I really like this one---the reaction shots always make me giggle.

I got a 404 when I tried to DL it.

You're right, I got the same thing too. Not sure what's up with that. I dl'd it a couple of months ago and it was fine. Hrm.
CorpseGoddess

Postby DriftRoot » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:14 am

I've also been getting a bunch of 404 - File Not Found errors today. Should we be reporting all these somewhere or is it generally accepted that there's still something weird going on with the server - above and beyond uploads not working - and so we shouldn't mention the problems?
DriftRoot

Postby mirkosp » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:27 am

DriftRoot wrote:I've also been getting a bunch of 404 - File Not Found errors today. Should we be reporting all these somewhere or is it generally accepted that there's still something weird going on with the server - above and beyond uploads not working - and so we shouldn't mention the problems?

It appears to be a know issue, I think, since this is what dero said here:
derobert wrote:It's back.

Some videos are still broken; they didn't fit on the USB drive used to transfer the data. They will be re-uploaded from the backup server starting Monday.

Once that is done, then I can re-enable uploads. So uploads should be back late next week (depends on how long that transfer takes).

We now have 6TB of free disk space, so this should last us a long while. (Actually, I'll be moving ~1TB vids off Nago onto Kero to make room for streaming, so, still 5TB)
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Megamom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 pm

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Megamom

Postby Sephirothishere » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am

:up: my vote goes for this one as well.

I have a pretty funneh story with this amv, i've put it to download out of a recomendation of a friend (didn't knew what it was about, he only said it was funneh) and well, my gf just came over and i decided to watch the vid with her...well...try to guess the rest..
Sephirothishere

PreviousNext

Return to 2009 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards