The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards [OVER!]

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by mirkosp » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 pm

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:
Bauzi wrote:So I have to finally make the orgfriendly censored version, am I right? >_>
There's a voter agreement this year that mentions videos may feature adult content, so I would imagine that puts you in the clear.
Actually I don't think so:
One more thing – because this is a contest open to voters of all ages, videos containing excessive sexual content and violence (as in, NC-17 rated or worse) will not be allowed to compete. If you're using off-site hosting because your video is too sexual or violent to be hosted locally, then we will have to disqualify the video if it gets nominated. You will be notified if this occurs. This will not affect any of your other eligible videos.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:56 pm

mirkosp wrote:
MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:
Bauzi wrote:So I have to finally make the orgfriendly censored version, am I right? >_>
There's a voter agreement this year that mentions videos may feature adult content, so I would imagine that puts you in the clear.
Actually I don't think so:
One more thing – because this is a contest open to voters of all ages, videos containing excessive sexual content and violence (as in, NC-17 rated or worse) will not be allowed to compete. If you're using off-site hosting because your video is too sexual or violent to be hosted locally, then we will have to disqualify the video if it gets nominated. You will be notified if this occurs. This will not affect any of your other eligible videos.
What? Then what's the point of the voter agreement?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:12 pm

While videos containing NC-17 level material (such as hentai) are NOT allowed to compete in the VCAs, there may be a few nominated videos that contain scenes, lyrics, or concepts of a mature nature.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE VCAS?

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:Speaking of the voter agreement, are we not allowed to vote if we don't click that box?
That would be correct.

The point of the voter agreement is to compensate for the fact that not all videos containing questionable content (around R-level) adequately say so in their descriptions. Just to make sure that people know what they're potentially getting into, and to protect us in case of complaints.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Quite a short time limit for what has become an even greater opt-in process. I'd love to see what this does to the voting numbers after all's said and done. That said - i'm still poking people to alert them.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Isn't the opt-in process the same as last year? Yeah, the deadline is pretty close, but I really didn't want to delay the contest any longer. An email will go out to all members soon.

(To clarify what I said earlier, unlike video qualifications, there is no deadline on the Voter Agreement. The voting pages will just be hidden until you agree.)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm

jasper-isis wrote: unlike video qualifications, there is no deadline on the Voter Agreement.
Ok then - not too much more opt-in than before then. Could still confuse some of the less observant people, but who cares about them anyways?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Since the definition of MEP mentions that the tracks are compiled into one long AMV, how long does the video have to be to be considered an MEP?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

There's no length requirement.

Since the database can't automatically differentiate between MEPs and regular collaborative videos, I'm going to have to manually check all the nominations when they're in.

Return to “Site Announcements”