Original Songs for video

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Becky J
Org Profile

Original Songs for video

Post by Becky J » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Becky, I'm a singer/songwriter and seeing as I am also a big anime fan, I thought it might be fun to request an AMV for one of my songs :D In particular my song "Everything" which I think would work really well as a romantic video... It would be really nice to see one of my songs alongside video for the first time and I would be really greatful to anyone who fancied a new project to work on!!

If anyone is interested, my songs can be heard on my Myspace Page:
http://www.myspace.com/beckyjerams

My favourite anime series are Gravitation, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Oh My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo... All pretty oldschool I know... I would especially love a CCS one!!Or maybe a montage of these shows...

I'm not sure if anyone fancies something like this but let me know if you do and I can email a track over :)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Original Songs for video

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:34 pm

the song is cute, but if you could get a better mix of it or a final I'd like to hear that

Becky J
Org Profile

Post by Becky J » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:36 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:the song is cute, but if you could get a better mix of it or a final I'd like to hear that
I think I have an ever so slightly tweaked version to the one on Myspace but I don't know how much better quality it will be... It was mixed by a friend and I think the only difference is that the compression is slightly different. I could mail it over and see what you think!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm

its just that the vocals seem a lot lower quality (perhaps the way you recorded it? or the equipment used? - technical stuff) than the background music, so I don't think it's the myspace compression...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:51 pm

ah yes, and because it should be said (cause I know someone's gonna say it): even if you want an amv made with your song, you can't use it as a promotional piece (like trying to make money off of it).

You also can't upload it to myspace because the video parts are copyrighted by someone else (the company that made the show) and not by you... and while an amv might get you some attention it can't really be used directly for your promotional reasons.

I'm sure theres someone on here who will come along and say it better O.o

however that said, i think its cool that we keep getting more and more people who want amvs made from their songs <3

Becky J
Org Profile

Post by Becky J » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:ah yes, and because it should be said (cause I know someone's gonna say it): even if you want an amv made with your song, you can't use it as a promotional piece (like trying to make money off of it).

You also can't upload it to myspace because the video parts are copyrighted by someone else (the company that made the show) and not by you... and while an amv might get you some attention it can't really be used directly for your promotional reasons.

I'm sure theres someone on here who will come along and say it better O.o

however that said, i think its cool that we keep getting more and more people who want amvs made from their songs <3
Oh no that's cool, I just wanted to request one for fun more than anything else!! And the chance to be involved with other creative people - I am promoting these songs for other people to sing as I am looking to be a professional writer someday. But sometimes it's nice just to do something for the sake of being creative and having fun!! I take it that it would be OK to put the video on Youtube for people to see though?

I have PMed you the slightly tweaked song... or at least I think I have, I haven't used message boards in yonks and I'm a bit rusty :oops:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 pm

actually with the tube it's hit and miss, some animes are allowed and others are not O.o

/me checks my pms..

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm

in case you missed the pm here you go...

Return to “General AMV”