Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Re: Macross Frontier

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 am

Definitely liked this anime's ending [fight-wise]

I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...

Ultimately, I guess the only way Sheryl will get any is in the C75 doujins I'm digging ^_^

Still, great music, great fighting, high quality animation, and a solid ending, good recommendation from me
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:36 am

The reason why the unsolved love triangle is because Alto declared both Sheryl and Ranka as his wings. It didn't bother me much since Macross 7 had a somewhat similar unsolved love triangle.
OmniStrata wrote: I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...
Uh dude.. Do you know one of the things Macross is well known for? LOVE TRIANGLE!

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:32 am

Flame-X wrote:The reason why the unsolved love triangle is because Alto declared both Sheryl and Ranka as his wings. It didn't bother me much since Macross 7 had a somewhat similar unsolved love triangle.
OmniStrata wrote: I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...
Uh dude.. Do you know one of the things Macross is well known for? LOVE TRIANGLE!
Yeah,every Macross series has a triangle.In original Macross and Macross Frontier the love triangle were 2 women and 1 man while the opposite happened in Macross Plus and Macross Zero.Can't talk about Macross 7 as I haven't watched it though.Is it worth the time??

And without the love triangle,there's no spice in Macross series... XD

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:35 am

Sorry for double post,no edit button.
Only Macross Plus had 2 men with one woman as a love triangle.My mistake...

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:12 pm

If you're a big fan of the franchise then yes, Macross 7 is definitely worth the watch.
Check out this site for the info and synopsis. http://www.mahq.net/animation/macross/s ... c7main.htm

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:01 am

I'm a big fan of the franchise but I also want it to be good.If you take Macross Frontier and original Macross out,the other series were pretty small so even if they weren't so good,it was a quick watch...

I'll get some episodes and decide for myself,thanks a lot!

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Re:

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 am

Heero_Yuy84 wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the love triangle going unresolved were it not for the fact they put so much of the show into fleshing THAT out.
The rest of the story felt like it got short-changed for the triangle, so to then have them not resolve that just...
At least a love triangle should have a choice at the end. Someone mentioned that he technically has both girls...

Which is f'in bs since the only one he kissed rapid fire was Sheryl. If he does have both girls, then at least he chose and has a complete harem.

Tenchi's an idiot, and always will be. He's got nothin' on Macross F's manly man princess! muahahahah!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

SakuraMeimi
Org Profile

Post by SakuraMeimi » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

I didn't watch all the eps out there, but this is awesum :33
I love Ranka, she's so damn cute <3 I really dislike Sheryl though. Well, it's not the type of character I like in anime, so yeah.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Re: Re:

Post by Ryvannis » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:06 am

OmniStrata wrote:
Heero_Yuy84 wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the love triangle going unresolved were it not for the fact they put so much of the show into fleshing THAT out.
The rest of the story felt like it got short-changed for the triangle, so to then have them not resolve that just...
At least a love triangle should have a choice at the end. Someone mentioned that he technically has both girls...

Which is f'in bs since the only one he kissed rapid fire was Sheryl. If he does have both girls, then at least he chose and has a complete harem.

Tenchi's an idiot, and always will be. He's got nothin' on Macross F's manly man princess! muahahahah!
You have to look at these love triangles in a different way. Instead of saying "OMFG he didn't choose what a ****head!?!", try to understand the story first. Macross isn't your typical anime bud.

I don't think its a matter of "liking" both though. Love triangle's in Macross are only resolved when the series ends.
Don't think we have seen the last of Frontier, or even 7.

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:07 am

Going to mention the typo on series. I meant story.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”