SentosKarum
Org Profile

Anime in Germany

Post by SentosKarum » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:00 am

This is a short list of daily animes currently shown in Germany :

Dragonball & Dragonball Z
Taro Alien
Dr. Slump
Kamikaze Keito Jeanne (Kamikazediebin Jeanne)
Digimon Tamers
Escaflowne
Pokemon (Champions , I believe)
Do-Re-Mi
Ranma 1/2
Totally Spies
Mila Superstar (Volleyballsportsserie about a girl calles Mila)
Captain Tsubasa
Detektiv Conan

Anime recently shown :
Whole Evangelion Series
Armitage III : Cybermatrix (1*OvA, 1*Synchro, both with different scenes but same story)
Kite
Agent Aika 1&2
Perfect Blue (Pay-TV only)
Deep Blue 6
Record of Lodoss War 1-3
M.D Geist 1&2 (I believe)
Crayon Shin-Chan (ca. 50 eps.)

That's all so far of Anime that has been shown in German TV (And I've knowledge of)
And so, if a German comes here and says : I don't get the meaning of this... don't say he's stupid, maybe he even knows the Anime but its so bad translated he rally can't the meaning of it.( As an example : from Akira I got three versions to see : a german DVD-Rip and two original American videos, one containing the synchro, one the OvA version - and even between the two Amercian ones you could see differences but nothing compared to the difference between the American and German Version)

So have mercy for us germans - the few Animes we have are bad translated (well not all) and if they they're series even censored (But not much) or just shortened for program reasons

If you have any comments (Animes I forgot to mention, my bad grammar, etc..) please post it.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:17 am

I feel very sorry for the german anime fans....

I mean, German "Wedding Peach" has to be one of the cruelest torture devices known to man.

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:26 am

Actually, I would love to hear Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar in German since the charaters already have german names and takes place in a real german town.

stormychef
Org Profile

Post by stormychef » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:01 am

:evil: You think that's tragic...
I got rid of Pay tv, so I don't know about that anymore, but it didn't have much anime, if any at times of a worthwhile nature...
And current anime available on Australian tv is weekday mornings are Pokemon, Dragonball Z and used to be Sailor Moon, I know it's not anime but now it's Spiderman...

Now that is pathetic...

Not that I don't mind DB and Sailor Moon, there not bad. But that really isn't enough variety... :cry:

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:20 pm

my sister was born in germany .. *_*
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:36 pm

I know how you feel stormychef. I live in Canda, and have about the same, and as usual, the terribly edited versions. My only channels would be Fox (only saturday mornings now), YTV (has ok variety) and Teletoon (only Cardcaptors!). I could get more channels but they would have the same shows. And the thing about Fox, is that they change their shows so often. They didn't even finish the whole series of Vision of Escaflowne! I guess that, many countries all have the same problem.

SentosKarum
Org Profile

Post by SentosKarum » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:59 pm

Thanks, I forgot about Wedding Peach and Sailor Moon, but they're both cancelled at the moment.
I don't know what's MTV-Program in your countries but MTV Germany is sending[would "showing" fit in better ?] a double episode of Escaflowne each week and it's said they show Cowboy Bebop soon.

And if you have enough money it isn't too bad - on DVD there are Weißkreuz and many other Animes availble but they're way too expensive to allow seeing a whole serie in normal time, like a half year or so

Vashin
Org Profile

Post by Vashin » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:27 pm

They didn't even finish the whole series of Vision of Escaflowne! I guess that, many countries all have the same problem.
Be thankful they didn't finish the whole series, they basically "slaughtered" this otherwise good anime horribly. I mean, they take out episode 1 because of a fight with a dragon? Then they combine the last couple of episodes together because of some censorship thingee? =P

I also live in Canada, my option is to read manga, by DVDs or watch Fansubs.

SentosKarum
Org Profile

Post by SentosKarum » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:31 pm

Looks like it's sometimes better to live in Germany, "our" Escaflowne had the first episode and was uncensored ( as far as I can tell)

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:51 pm

Well, actually I still saw the whole series on YTV. I just meant that Fox had it first but only showed part of it, then later, YTV showed it. It had 27 episodes, and I found it was pretty good. So I didn't know that there was too many edits. And do you mean the fight scene where Vaughn kills the dragon? Because that one was still in the show.

Return to “General Anime”