The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Re: The Idiots Guide to Vegas

Post by yunaheartilly » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 am

(the screenshot ^^;)

yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Post by yunaheartilly » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 am

looks like i found the problem.. apperently i had a motion track set in the video track above, it works fine now^^

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:01 am

If you find that your source files have slightly different frame sizes, would clicking the stretch button under the rendering settings in vegas make everything appear even in size again once it's all rendered into a single file?
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re:

Post by AimoAio » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Kumatora wrote:SquallxRinoa(one of my favorite pairings), just how long have you been working on this video? I've been coming to this thread for a while and I've noticed that your help screens consist of Kingdom Hearts series footage. Have you been working on one for video for the last several months, or what?
Ah,bit of a late reply but the screens were actually for a few videos.The one where I had the most problems took me a month,on and off and the other ones were for small videos or mep parts for a studio :)

And I noticed that 79% of my posts were in this forum and 70% in this thread xD Reading my old posts....Gawrsh,I was a bit of a noob back then wasn't I? :oops:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:09 pm

nothing wrong with getting help when you need it :3

yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Post by yunaheartilly » Fri May 29, 2009 12:49 pm

hey guys i have a problem with masking in vegas... i saw sooo many tutorials, and read so much about it, i think im missing some vital part in this...
for me it goes all wrong when I set a path with the anchor tool, and go a second further to adjust my path..
what i keep seeing on tutorials is that you just simple use your selection tool to drag the points to the outlines of whatever you want to cut out...and move on the next frame... this is where it goes wrong for me.. it just doesnt do that, it simple moves the whole masked area around, or the path starts curving between my points, i just cant simply move the points i previously made with the anchor tool ; ; please someone help...
(sorry for my lack of explanation skills, english isnt my first language)

thank you in advance :3

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Fri May 29, 2009 2:51 pm

its probably the split anchor tool going haywire - it does that for me sometimes - you just have to right click the anchor and tell it to unsplit the anchor.
also make sure you're using the arrow to move your anchors around instead of the anchor creation tool because if you click an existing anchor using the anchor tool then you will just split it which results in what youre explaining.

if this explanation is unclear ill up an image to explain

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Fri May 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Ghet wrote:its probably the split anchor tool going haywire - it does that for me sometimes - you just have to right click the anchor and tell it to unsplit the anchor.
also make sure you're using the arrow to move your anchors around instead of the anchor creation tool because if you click an existing anchor using the anchor tool then you will just split it which results in what youre explaining.

if this explanation is unclear ill up an image to explain
the option you're gonna be looking for is "Hide tangents->all"

yunaheartilly
Org Profile

Post by yunaheartilly » Fri May 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, it still doesnt fix it :(
I tried to hide tangents > all when i had my curser on anchor, and then i tried with the selection tool, maybe to make a difference, but it didnt worked.. i just end up moving my whole path around ; ; if you wouldnt mind showing me on a picture, i'd be so very grateful to you

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 pm

for that you just need to click outside of the mask, when you finish up masking it automatically selects all anchors.
so if you click outside of the mask it unselects it and you can move each anchor individually.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”