Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
SenTrix
Org Profile

Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional

Post by SenTrix » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm ganna buy Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional tonight and it says in the platform for Windows Vista Enterprise, does that mean I can't install it? Because i have Windows Vista Basic or Home w/e...
Image <<..:: Click Me ::..>> Image

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Re: Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:28 pm

No, it will install no problem on any version of Vista, 32-bit or 64-bit. Although, I can't say for sure about Home Basic, because it sucks so much. You could always install a trial. I'd get CS4 if you can though. (Also, wrong section, this is hardware help.)
Insert clever text/image here.

SenTrix
Org Profile

Post by SenTrix » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

anubisx00 wrote:No, it will install no problem on any version of Vista, 32-bit or 64-bit. Although, I can't say for sure about Home Basic, because it sucks so much. You could always install a trial. I'd get CS4 if you can though. (Also, wrong section, this is hardware help.)
Thanks for the suggestion and sorry its Home Premium hehehe, but i heard cs4 crash more than the other after effects?? and avs direct plugin also dsnt work for cs4 yet right??

:uhoh: sorry please move :sweat:
Image <<..:: Click Me ::..>> Image

SadisticSmile
Org Profile

Post by SadisticSmile » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Sentrix wrote:
anubisx00 wrote:No, it will install no problem on any version of Vista, 32-bit or 64-bit. Although, I can't say for sure about Home Basic, because it sucks so much. You could always install a trial. I'd get CS4 if you can though. (Also, wrong section, this is hardware help.)
Thanks for the suggestion and sorry its Home Premium hehehe, but i heard cs4 crash more than the other after effects?? and avs direct plugin also dsnt work for cs4 yet right??

:uhoh: sorry please move :sweat:
I have Adobe After Effects CS4,
And it is perfect, it's is RAM consuming but it's ok, you can still run MS word and internet browsers no problem. etc
It does crash sometimes for no utter reason. [I do overwork it though so that might be why.]
And I'm assuming you familiar with the software if not, you might want to look at some tutorials on youtube or take some classes.
But I would get it.

I'm running it on a:

32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Dual Core E2160 1.8Ghz Processor [Each core]
1GB of Foxconn RAM.

With minor if none at all problems.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:25 pm

If you've never used the software before, PLEASE please please get the trial first. This is the case with ANY software package. Try-before-you-buy any time possible.

But yes, AE will install on Vista in any flavor just fine.

As far as whether you should get CS3 or CS4, I think you'll be fine with CS3. CS4 definitely does have some nicely upgraded features, but more than likely, the amount you'll save by buying the cheaper version is going be much more worthwhile.

Also, if you're not going to be using this for commercial work, get the academic version.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “Adobe Software”