How can I create a good color effect?

XiaoMovieMaker
Org Profile

How can I create a good color effect?

Post by XiaoMovieMaker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:27 pm

If any of you guys have seen Decoy's "Naruto Technique Beat", you will realize that each character has a specialized color for their section. [if you don't know what i mean, youtube it]

My question is, how can I simulate these same color effects?
For example, on the first ninja Sasuke, his colors are white, red, and a purplish blue color. How did Decoy apply that effect?

I'm currently using Sony Vegas 8 and have been experimenting with the color corrector.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 pm

In Vegas:
look into the "night vision" option found under "gradient map" - you can change the color settings pretty easy on it to make similar effects

or you can change the settings of "blues and yellows" which is found under "color curves"....

and I'm pretty sure Decoy used AE for that video O.o

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:In Vegas:
look into the "night vision" option found under "gradient map" - you can change the color settings pretty easy on it to make similar effects
Actually, when you try to change the colors in night vision it only changes the colors of the shadows or dark spots, the rest stays green.

However, what you can do with that (because I think night vision would probably be the best effect to use for that look) is to use night vision, put a solid media block of the color you want under your clip and use chroma keyer to key out the green leaving you with the same look with a different color.

Chemikilla
Org Profile

Post by Chemikilla » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:08 pm

trapcode shine i think

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Kanti13 wrote:
Actually, when you try to change the colors in night vision it only changes the colors of the shadows or dark spots, the rest stays green.

However, what you can do with that (because I think night vision would probably be the best effect to use for that look) is to use night vision, put a solid media block of the color you want under your clip and use chroma keyer to key out the green leaving you with the same look with a different color.
that is unless you change the green :P

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 pm

JaddziaDax wrote: that is unless you change the green :P
:o How do you do that? Is it using those plus and minus and arrow signs at the top? I've never tried doing that, how do they work? :?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 pm

click on the dots with the numbers in them... O.o

as so:

and so on :/

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Lol. Thanks, got it. There are so many things in vegas, just haven't gotten around to trying all of them yet.

YoKo-
Org Profile

Re: How can I create a good color effect?

Post by YoKo- » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Easily made with Trapcode Shine effect on AE

SenTrix
Org Profile

Re:

Post by SenTrix » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 pm

or you can change the settings of "blues and yellows" which is found under "color curves"....

and I'm pretty sure Decoy used AE for that video O.o
Or better yet change the compositing mode to burn...that always give u nice colour effect with a media gene on a top layer
Image <<..:: Click Me ::..>> Image

Return to “Effects & Techniques”