importing, vista, and Huffyuv

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Zeqasa
Org Profile

importing, vista, and Huffyuv

Post by Zeqasa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 pm

This is my first time making an AMV with the AMVapp. My original plan was to use my XP machine, however after running into problem after problem I realized it was impossible; I then decided to use my higher powered vista machine. I installed the AMV app, indexed my videos, and fast compressed the "first epsiode" with Huffyuv in virtualdub. Now, while trying to import into Movie Maker, it says that it is impossible because my computer does not have the correct codec installed. I am confused, because my media player can still play the file, meaning the codecs are installed, right? Plus, i've run the installation files of amvapp over and over again, with no avail. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Zeqasa.
"Don't worry, It's OK... I'm a Ninja!"

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Re: importing, vista, and Huffyuv

Post by Autraya » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 am

ok a few things:

1. there are a few threads in this forum already about vista, might be good to check them out.
2. it's vista... i'm not supprised, nor am i able to actually help outside of points 1 & 3, i'm not sure what codecs are compatible with vista (or even if that's an issue). I believe that the editors Kionon and verses use vista it might be worth asking them or any others you can find about whether they had a similar problem and how they got around it. :book:
3. why can't you do it on your other pc? you can run wmm on 256mb of ram with crappy single processor, it's old enough that it still works.
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”