Black and White

Shine_Star
Org Profile

Black and White

Post by Shine_Star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Hii I need an opinion about one project that I'm working on. Is about Tekkonkinkreet, and I want that the characters stay in black and white. I tried using Sony Vegas for make that, and the only option that I thought would make something decent, was using the mask tool and cut frame by frame.

I worked that in a small video.
Spoiler :
I also made an texture for the background, anyway, but doesn't look perfect. And in all the frames that I cut there is allways a part that I see some color...

There is another or better way to make this ? Some tips would be apreceated...thanks :)

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Black and White

Post by Niotex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Learn 2 Roto

In all seriousness if you're going to be cutting out chars there really isn't any better way. You'll just have to brush up your masking skills. I mean honestly that shot doesn't look all that complicated and you can probably do it with 20 points.

Shine_Star
Org Profile

Post by Shine_Star » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Niotex wrote:Learn 2 Roto

In all seriousness if you're going to be cutting out chars there really isn't any better way. You'll just have to brush up your masking skills. I mean honestly that shot doesn't look all that complicated and you can probably do it with 20 points.
Humm...I was wondering if would be a easiest way...thanks :up: , and yup I choose a easy part for trying that, I'm crazy O.O....just more 4433 frames. I will do this in the whole video. I have an entertainment for all the year :shock:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Nah frames like that take about what? 10 to 20 seconds at most? You'd be done in no time.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Niotex wrote:Nah frames like that take about what? 10 to 20 seconds at most? You'd be done in no time.
Maybe a full face shot frame may only take like a minute, but fully animated body shots or lots of keyframes (which tekkokinkreet seems to have) would take a long time. 3-8 minutes per frame depending on how distracted your are, and add fatigue.

|:
Hi.

Shine_Star
Org Profile

Post by Shine_Star » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Yup is like Koopi said =/...and the hair is really hard in some parts... Its not so bad as I thought I'm guetting better:...now I take 2/3 minutos in each frame :amv:

Unless this part that took me almost 20 minutes in each frame :roll:
Spoiler :
I will do it..ohh yeahh....thankis =D

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Don't even talk to me about rotoing Key frames, some of my projects in the past required almost 1000 frames... My new project require quite a few hundreds and the masks I use are complex as that's the only way to get a flawlerss look

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Shine_Star
Org Profile

Post by Shine_Star » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:59 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Don't even talk to me about rotoing Key frames, some of my projects in the past required almost 1000 frames... My new project require quite a few hundreds and the masks I use are complex as that's the only way to get a flawlerss look

Vlad
=D

Return to “Effects & Techniques”