K I M a major Newb when it comes to this

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MrMuffinMan69
Location: Bucks County,Pa ( You can see my town in Mel Gibson's movie Signs)
Org Profile

K I M a major Newb when it comes to this

Post by MrMuffinMan69 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:11 am

:evil: Alrite i love watchin all the Amv's that all of u create but i wanna really learn how to do this cause in my opinion i got so many good ideas for videos n i really wanna do them but i dont kno how. For neone that reads this u r probably laughin ur ass at me becasue of my ultimate newbness n i dont blame u. If ne of u experienced veterns of AMV creatin could help me alittle it would be appreciated greatly.

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:20 am

Well I recommend you save up your dollars and buy Adobe Premiere. It's the best video editing software around. You should also grab a DVD rom so you can rip your anime dvds for source footage or a video capture card so you can gather source from your VHS tapes. Adobe Premiere is expensive though.

Also watch out for jbone. :P
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:38 am

Follow the forums, read the guides on this site and, if you want, take a peek to the unofficial AMV FAQ (link below).
Making videos is not easy but can be lot of fun... welcome to the road of perdition :P
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

MrMuffinMan69
Org Profile

Post by MrMuffinMan69 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:45 am

thanx alot u guys umm i already got a dvd rom n i heard sumwhere that u can also use sonic foundry(which i hav)too instead of adobe premire.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:44 pm

You have to do a lot of things.....

1. Save up a lot of money. This money will be used to buy much needed materials. Including but not limited to:
a video capture card (for capturing footage on VHS and/or exporting to VHS),
computer DVD-Rom drive (for ripping footage from DVDs),
Professional Video Editing Programs (Adobe Premiere/After Effects, Final Cut Pro 3),
and Source Footage (Anime on VHS and/or DVD).

2. Read through all the guides on <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... a-m-v.org</a>. <a href="http://www.doom9.net">Doom9.net</a> has some good information about backing up DVDs onto your hard drive. You can also check out <a href="http://www.evilnet.net/~turboneko/amvfa ... urboneko's and Hitori's Unofficial AMV FAQ</a> for some unofficial information on AMVs.

3. Approaching your video.
Making the song fit the anime/Making the anime fit the song?
(This is basically answering the question: Is the glass half empty or half full?)
Everyone approaches their videos differently. Whatever feels right to you, go with it.
The storyboard is very useful. This is what most people do to give life to their thoughts on how they want the video to run. Very few actually go through the process of making an actual storyboard. This really does help out much better than keeping it in your head as remembering and drawing it out could be totally different. The choice is yours. Map out what you think is good and what effects would work. Storyboarding is actually pretty fun!! ^_^

4. Getting your sources and beyond. Basically this is where you get your sources and put them on you computer. If you have read the guides and the supplimental guides, you should be able to get the sources you need. After acquiring the sources, you will use your video editing program(Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc) to create you video. You will have no free time when you get into the video creating part. Unless you know time management. After finishing the video you would export it in a format from one of the guides or do some experimenting (yes, experimenting is both good and bad and again the choice is yours). And again, if you have read the guides, you should have no problems. But if you do, post a message in the video help forum and someone will get to you as soon as they can. They you should think about adding the video to the a-m-v.org catalog. Do some review swaps and maybe enter it into some contests. If there are any questions, please post them in the more suitable forum for the question at hand.

5. Have fun!!!! ^_^ Talk to some people about problems and just get the job done. Be original!!
ImageImage

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:47 pm

Who's Kim?

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:08 pm

After posting that long entry, I now realized that too jbone.... Who or what is K I M??? :?
ImageImage

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:13 pm

leastsuspected wrote:After posting that long entry, I now realized that too jbone.... Who or what is K I M??? :?
There can only be one possible Kim he is referring to...and that would be Kim Chee, queen of pickled cabbage and radishes!
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

MrMuffinMan69
Org Profile

Post by MrMuffinMan69 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:16 pm

Yeah see that was my newbiness coming out again i meant to say oK I M .......... :oops:

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:25 pm

MrMuffinMan69 wrote:Yeah see that was my newbiness coming out again i meant to say oK I M .......... :oops:
In case any of you are still confused, he means "Ok, I am"...

:twisted:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Return to “General AMV”