Take your time...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Knowname
Org Profile

Re: Take your time...

Post by Knowname » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm

I can't believe I just watched an 8 minute long black metal POS
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:02 pm

it was pretty cool. 8 minutes is a bit on the long side though =o

pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by pharaoh » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:11 pm

the org needs more black metal videos
you got that right and that was a nice one :up:

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm

Knowname wrote:I can't believe I just watched an 8 minute long black metal POS
Once I get the footage I'll be making a ~2 minute Black Metal POS, however it should be much more painful.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:02 pm

I think I hear this song whenever I step into the bathroom... and it hurts my ego.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:14 am

You edit? And here I thought you just bitched about everybody else's editing ....

I kid! I kid!

Seriously though .... you edit? :amv:

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:29 am

JudgeHolden wrote: Seriously though .... you edit?
|:>

I finally got around to watching this amv and I believe you did a great job.

There was some aspects of the amv that I thought was either too overpowering or felt a bit out of place, but I thought you hit the atmosphere of the song well.

On the contrary to Reda's post, I actually liked the change in editing over the 8 minute span.

It portrayed out the song's emotions and brought a different feeling during certain areas.

Too bad about the video quality, but I seriously enjoyed this.

:up:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 am

Ingow wrote:Encoding and shit means nothing
I lol'd
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

RadicalRuggy
Org Profile

Post by RadicalRuggy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Ingow wrote:>people complaining about the production quality of a black metal video

Encoding and shit means nothing, it got on my nerves too when I was rendering my post-rock video. Who cares, it's the content that counts.

Well uh, where to start on my comments on this. It was pretty much one of the very few projects on the org where I honestly could say that it was worth making. Considering when you discovered Dornenreich and when I saw you scrobble that song more than usual I'd say you didn't spend a year making this, which SOME editors on here DO for 2mins of yet another generic J-Pop M@D. It's more than 8mins long which pretty much makes my post-rock video look bad so next time I'll have to edit a 13mins song, fuck you.
( :down: )

I'm just gonna pull out the things that I noticed, I'm not planning on being objective cause seriously that never worked with me and AMVs, actually doesn't work with me and music or me and paintings either. So w/e.

I was always picturing a black metal AMV to be in the style of black&white high contrast dark and frostbitten woods of the usual album covers. But instead it was a black metal video by Kevmaster and influenced by the personal interpretations of the music. So in the end what I got was a very soft relaxing take on things, with a kind of sexual symbolic under the main focus of things. The grey overtone felt like a hint at a certain feeling of oppression and made watching the video a bit uneasy for the viewer.

Even though this is probably my least favorite song on that album you can IMO instantly see what a difference expressive and atmospheric music can be for a video. I also can understand why you choose this song since it has good lyrics to build up a very nice plot on. While I rarely can follow any clear storyline when I haven't seen the anime before in an AMV at least in this video I was able to see that the plot somehow felt like it wasn't just randomly thrown together and following the anime (especially since I think that Cossette is overused as hell, but here I didn't find most of the scenes I was waiting on. They were there though, just not as in your face as I'm used to).

More objective than personal speaking this would still be a great video though. Given the time spent on it, the fact that you don't write a full essay on it in the video info to show how DEEP and IMPORTANT it really is, and the fact that I could really feel some passion in there makes this overall a really good video.

:up:

"Encoding and shit means nothing, it got on my nerves too when I was rendering my post-rock video. Who cares, it's the content that counts."

I quote xD ^_^

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I lol'd
RadicalRuggy wrote:I quote xD ^_^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”