Take your time...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Goketsu
Org Profile

Re: Take your time...

Post by Goketsu » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:08 pm

LeapofFate wrote:I hear Kev lykes Pirates.

/gets
you mean hes not a pirate or he eated the pirates O_O

/got
will leave an op for you later when Im done being so lazy x)

Gaurry_no_blond
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry_no_blond » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:41 am

One more cossette-video... Not interestingly.

Where your originality??? :nose:

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:23 am

Very long ... Very loooonnnnggggg :O But I liked especially the music and the harmony with the different scenes! :up: 3/5
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Sayedee
Org Profile

Post by Sayedee » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm

INSANE. You did great justice to the song! Despite its 8 minutes, it did not even feel long.

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Very good. Not exactly what comes to mind when I think "black metal", but it still fills a void that's been with the org for a long while.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 pm

I cringe everytime i even think of editing more than 3 minutes of a song, 8 would prolly kill me, so kudos to you for sticking it out.
The problem with cosette is that you can run out of footage when faced with a long ttrack (esp a "metal" track) due to it being a movie, at least it didn't look like you ran out here.
I deffinately missed the point of a lot of the scenes to lyrics ( /me not speak german) :P though i'm sure i would understand if you gave me some of your vodka >.>
new banzors in the making :p

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Autraya wrote:I cringe everytime i even think of editing more than 3 minutes of a song, 8 would prolly kill me, so kudos to you for sticking it out.
x2!
Otherwise i just skimmed through it, it was not my cup of tea sorry kev!

Ryko89
Org Profile

Post by Ryko89 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 am

I liked this amv, unfortunately I can't speak German (still) so I couldn't catch the story quite, but I have a feeling there was more behind this amv than just random scenes that sort of fit to the music. I agree with a lot of what Ingow said, so GJ :up:
Image Image

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 pm

As yourself and others have mentioned, I would have probably got more out of this video if I understood the lyrics, however, I still found this AMV really interesting to watch. Good work! :up:

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I <3 this.

There were just two things that bothered me a bit. First, those garbage frames [like others have mentioned] could have been avoided by exporting as lossless [if you have the space]. Second, the luma range seemed shifted; like making the blacks and whites less intense to fit TV settings. Surprisingly, this changed the mood for me the same way some editors would add film grain to a video. Did you do that on purpose? Anyways I watched it once normally, then again in MPC via an avisynth script like this:

Code: Select all

directshowsource("Kevmaster - Desiderium.mp4")
Levels(50, 1, 256, 0, 265)
and I think I liked it more that way.

but overall big :up:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”