The Beatles' LOVE (An Anime MEP) - Regestration Open

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Recliner Man
Org Profile

The Beatles' LOVE (An Anime MEP) - Regestration Open

Post by Recliner Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Okay... why in the world has there not been a MEP on The Beatles yet? Well, I shall correct this...

About the Project:

Now, I'm fully aware of how many times The Beatles have been used on this site (229 times to be exact), but I wanted to do something different and much more epic.

"The Beatles' LOVE" is a show created from a collaboration between The Beatles & Cirque du Soleil, and the soundtrack album the project is a tremendous artistic masterpiece. When I originally wrote a review for this particular record, my final paragraph stated: "'Love' is not just a reaffirmation of The Beatles legacy, which it does a great job doing, but also a transcendent reflection of the journey of life itself. The album shows our joy, our pain, our successes, our failures, and of course, our love."

This sentiment is also the same way I feel about anime. No matter what genre or style anime takes, the best of the medium touches us on a very deep level. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as lines on a page or a three minute song can affect us so much?

So, after watching the documentary on the show, called "All Together Now", I became inspired. It showed a very collective and powerful creative spirit in all these very different people who have come together to make something extraordinary. Then I thought, "Why don't we do it?"

What I'm proposing we make is a "rock and roll anime poem". Celebrating music, anime and life.

Guidelines:

-Since we are using the LOVE album specifically, anyone who takes on this project must seek out the album in one way or another. I have provided a link to download the album in full below, but I encourage you to get a physical copy of the record ; a great way of accomplishing this is going to a local music retailer or your local library. It would also be a great suggestion to listen to the entire album front to back.

-Any use of the original non-LOVE tracks (i.e. "Within You Without You" & "Tomorrow Never Knows" instead of "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows") in any piece is prohibited.

-Each piece must center on one particular anime. Use of multiple animes in a single piece is encouraged, but no anime can be used as the primary focus of a piece twice. (i.e. "Kanon" being the main footage used for both "Blackbird/Yesterday" & "Lady Madonna")

-Depending on if we have enough people who want to participate, creators will be able to choose multiple songs. Only in the worst case scenario, however.

-If you have already done a Beatles AMV, you are not allowed to pick the same song again for this particular project.

-Any unnecessary use of violence or sexual content in a piece is not allowed.

-No Hentai. For the love of all that is good and sacred, No Hentai.

Final Specs:
Compression: MPEG-2 (MPEG-4 for beta)
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps

-For video footage, only DVD Rips or High Quality Raws allowed
-No Subtitles
-No Watermarks
-No Credits (I'll take care of those)
-Please deinterlace (although I'm going to need some help doing it myself)

I'll be making it a point to communicate with each editor to correlate the entire project. So when I master the video, it will all flow together.

Tracklisting & Individual Video Info (Author/Primary Anime):

Listen & Download the Album: The Beatles' LOVE (Courtesy of Google Video

1. Because -
2. Get Back -
3. Glass Onion -
4. Eleanor Rigby/Julia (Transition) -
5. I Am The Walrus -
6. I Want To Hold Your Hand -
7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re Doing -
8. Gnik Nus -
9. Something/Blue Jay Way (Transition) -
10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You (She’s So Heavy)/Helter Skelter -
11. Help! -
12. Blackbird/Yesterday -
13. Strawberry Fields Forever -
14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows -
15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds -
16. Octopus’s Garden -
17. Lady Madonna -
18. Here Comes The Sun/The Inner Light (Transition) -
19. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Transition) -
20. Revolution -
21. Back In The U.S.S.R. -
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps -
23. A Day In The Life - Recliner Man (Neon Genesis Evangelion/The End of Evangelion)
24. Hey Jude -
25. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) -
26. All You Need Is Love -

Signature Pic:

Final Notes:

I'll be making it a point to communicate with each editor about each piece to correlate the entire project. So when I master the video, it will all flow together as a cohesive whole.

I'm intending this project to be bigger than just hosting it on this site. I want this the be shown at conventions as a grand statement about the AMV community as well as our love for music and anime. Who knows, we may get to meet each other that way.

So... are you in?
Last edited by Recliner Man on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I accept chaos. I don't know whether it accepts me."-Arthur Rimbaud (Ben Whishaw), I'm Not There.

commozee05
Org Profile

Re: The Beatles' LOVE (An Anime MEP) - Regestration Open

Post by commozee05 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:59 pm

I actually don't know much about the beatles, to tell u the truth. but if I think the mix is good, and I believe it is being properly run, then I would consider joining this. But I know first hand how inexperience can destroy a MEP, so u would need to be experienced in this kinda thing.
Hey...........Am I hawt or what?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:03 pm

-For audio, only High Quality Rips allowed No Compressed Files (i.e. MP3's)
O.o

Then what do you suggest we use?

Sounds interesting though. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to track down the Album and buy it.

Also, I think it would be better if a mix was made. That's just my opinion though. People get discouraged when you ask them to pick a song and run with it. You need to mix the songs together, unless you are planning to have a blank screen before and after each track....but that would just throw off the flow of the MEP to be honest.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:06 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
O.o

uncompressed .wav, obviously?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:
O.o

uncompressed .wav, obviously?
Nah....you think? Called sarcasm there, buddy :roll:
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Recliner Man
Org Profile

Post by Recliner Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:12 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:
O.o

Sounds interesting though. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to track down the Album and buy it.

Also, I think it would be better if a mix was made. That's just my opinion though. People get discouraged when you ask them to pick a song and run with it. You need to mix the songs together, unless you are planning to have a blank screen before and after each track....but that would just throw off the flow of the MEP to be honest.
You're right. I can make the audio high quality when I master the final product. I've altered the info.

I'm making it a point to communicate with each editor to correlate the entire project. So when I master the video, it will flow together. Also, each track gives each editor an opportunity to make some really great work. I'm kind of making it akin to something like "Paris, je t'aime", which is an awesome film that's really a collection of 18 short films into one singular film.
"I accept chaos. I don't know whether it accepts me."-Arthur Rimbaud (Ben Whishaw), I'm Not There.

Caryn18
Org Profile

Post by Caryn18 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 pm

OMG i would LOve to do this MEP!!!
~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3

Recliner Man
Org Profile

Post by Recliner Man » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm

I would like to make a mention of the little alterations to the top post. Including a way you can download the album in full, courtesy of Google Video.
Caryn18 wrote:OMG i would LOve to do this MEP!!!
Cool to have someone aboard. Just figure out what you want to do and get back to me.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:28 am

Across the Universe?

Recliner Man
Org Profile

Post by Recliner Man » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:47 am

JaddziaDax wrote:Across the Universe?
Sadly, neither the song nor the movie are represented in this venture. This is something completely different. Though, I'm always willing for people to join, and if you come up with an idea for the project, get back to me.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”