Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Post by EvaFan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:41 pm

http://tinyurl.com/989gsq

OP to season 3. Looks like they are focusing on drama in this part of the series from what the OP looks like.

For in depth info on OVA releases and their plots you could believe this guy if you don't understand japanese yourself:
http://tinyurl.com/7wfxkm

Just skip ahead on the vid abit. He likes to ramble.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

It's fake. None of those scenes were original. Just someone's MAD trying to pass as official.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Meh i wasn't sure if it was or not but it looked well done so i just figured it was.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:26 pm

The actual 3rd season preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tohUN9KiFZI

I died a little inside.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Sorry, forgot about the name change thing:

http://tinyurl.com/94x4gv

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:13 am

Hareoic wrote:Sorry, forgot about the name change thing:

http://tinyurl.com/94x4gv
Very Interesting. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if they're coming out with more, I wouldn't mind watching another Higurashi season. :up:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:54 am

I can't stop listening to this. D:

(For those with no niconico account: http://anya.moedosed.com/2009/01/01/a-kej-maste/)
I dare you challenge me.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:13 pm

They have finally released the first OVA of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. What we have is a few steps up from the shitty animation quality of Kai, but not quite as charming as the original. It has its own charm, though, and for the purpose of the episode, it works quite nicely.

It's a pool episode. You know what that means. You get to see all the smokin' hot girls of the show sporting skin-tight swimwear and thats the whole appeal of the episode.
Spoiler :
WRONG.
This OVA is about MANLINESS. Check out the buff men sporting their stuff. They are not afraid to show you who's boss.
Eat it up, ladies. It does not get better than this.

But they don't just look buff. They'll show you what they can do.
Watch as Tomitake stops a stun grenade with his bare chest.
Breath it in. Can you smell the manly? This is the most manly thing since Kamen no Maid Guy.
Dig it.
When I started it, I was expecting shit, but I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Plus, from the preview, it looks like were going back to serious business. I'm looking forward to it.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Ishbalan wrote:When I started it, I was expecting shit, but I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Plus, from the preview, it looks like were going back to serious business. I'm looking forward to it.
Agreed. I can't wait for the Saikoroshi-hen arc to start airing. (not that the first episode was bad)
Not enough Hanyuu in this episode, though.

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Spoiler for: potential ova ending
Spoiler :
I heard a rumor that these ova's might have a light (ie happy) ending.
So instead of the usual arc that goes light/comedy/backstory>weird stuff>dark/climax/deaths
it might be light/comedy/backstory>weird stuff/climax>happy ending?

I hope its not true, I like dark endings much more!
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”