BoomBoomSatellites x Xam'd Promotion Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

BoomBoomSatellites x Xam'd Promotion Contest

Post by dokidoki » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:45 am

Hey hey it's another contest from Alien-Eye/AMVJ Sessions, who ran a contest earlier this year to see who could best edit "Vexille" to "Easy Action". This time around you'll be editing "Xam'd" to "Shut Up And Explode"!

Please go here for the full rules. You've got a little more time to edit this time around (entries due mid-January), and the students among you can use part of your holiday time off to edit if you so choose. :)

Now, Xam'd is a long series (and is not finished yet), and I don't know how much of it will be provided. Please contact them as mentioned in the rules.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Re: BoomBoomSatellites x Xam'd Promotion Contest

Post by Bauzi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:16 am

Let´s see. If I like the sources I maybe try it. At least I´m interested in such legal contests :up:

Do you know what bugs me? On no website you write what this contest is about. There are short info, some rules, but no specific info about the main idea behind this contest.

I just know it because of last year, but I somehow doubt that I could figure it out only with this years info.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Has anyone been able to download the source? The uplink is a bit slow and their FTP server seems to drop the connection after about an hour (at about 75% complete).

Rather than slamming their FTP server I wonder if we could set up a torrent for this.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:31 am

Yep.

The song is a joke. Now .wav source. Not lossless. 1:30 long, but it´s just cut down after the mark. You better get your own copy and make your own song.

Than the videosource: 4 minutes long. 640x480 letterboxed. WTF? The anime is published in HD!!!
Though the quality is nice and the scenes too.

I expected something way more professional.

Before you ask kmv: I won´t upload 400 MB for you. Sorry this just costs too much time with my internet connection. You have to fix it somehow.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:44 am

Bauzi wrote:The song is a joke. [No] .wav source. Not lossless. 1:30 long, but it´s just cut down after the mark. You better get your own copy and make your own song.
I know, and the fact that it includes one of the longer "run away run away run away run away run away [etc]" sections doesn't help much either.

I bought a copy of the CD on eBay a couple of days ago.

BTW: When I registered I asked them if I could make my own edit of the song, they said no. You are allowed to use any 1:30 section of the song, but it must be an unaltered extract of the song - although I have to believe that a fade in/out should be OK.

Bauzi wrote:Before you ask kmv: I won´t upload 400 MB for you. Sorry this just costs too much time with my internet connection. You have to fix it somehow.
Ah well, fair enough. I guess I'll have to keep trying. How long did your download take?

BwanaKuu
Org Profile

Post by BwanaKuu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 am

I sent an e-mail a few days ago asking for the video source but haven't received anything back. Is it ok if we just use our own source?

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 am

BwanaKuu wrote:Is it ok if we just use our own source?
No, one of the competition requirements is that you get the source (scenes) from amvj.

I'm not surprised by that to be honest, there are a lot restrictions on what can be done to licensed material. I remember that when the Nior easter eggs were being created the guys were even restricted to straight cuts and fades - nothing else. Fortunately that does not seem to the case here.

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:35 pm

I don´t like the restrictions about song editing. It´s an remix session, right? Ok I just preserv my songmix and idea until I have better footage and make a video out of it wich is of course not for the contest. Working with such limitations isn´t my cup of tea.

It took me... I think 2 hours for downloading.

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:13 pm

I now have the video. AMVJ wrote back to me saying that they have upped the session times, turned on crash recovery, and created a new folder which contains the video as a bunch of 20MB split RARs.

Excellent.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:37 pm

I recently received word on the results of the contest.

"BOOM BOOM SATELLITES has chosen James Chlodek as the 2nd BOOM BOOM SATELLITES WORLD AMVJ COMPETITION Winner!
Here are the Top 3 for the 2nd BOOM BOOM SATELLITES WORLD AMVJ COMPETITION.
1. James Chlodek
2. Solomon Foshko
3. Bence Foldesi"

Congratulations to the winners!
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Return to “AMV Contests”