AMV Autobiography

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Re: AMV Autobiography

Post by Koopiskeva » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Corran wrote:I don't know how much longer this hobby will last for me, but I intend to hang around until I feel like I have nothing to contribute to the community. Who knows, perhaps one day I will make a new video. The desire is still there. Sorry if there are a ton of typos in this.
You'll make something..

I can see the future.

:amv:
Hi.

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 pm

Corran wrote: 2004

I was living in Florida at this point and found out that JACON in Orlando was going to be attended by many people in the community so I decided to go to finally meet everyone. I ended up rooming with Rozard, Jbone, and RedWolf. Decided Snackpants wasn't worth getting to know after he blew me off when Rozard introduced us both. Finally meeting everyone else though was a blast. I met Andy (Paizuri) one of those nights and expressed my interest in helping out the org. I also submitted my first Iron Chef video and watched it play on the big screen. That was definitely worth going for in itself. Immeadiately after the convention I drove to Destin, Florida and spent a few days with snhknives.
You guys were at Jacon '04, too? 2004 was the only year I went to Jacon. To think you guys were there, too. Niiiice.

I'd say 2004 was also my peak AMV involvement, but then everything went downhill after that. :p

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Unlimited Rice wrote:
Corran wrote: 2004

I was living in Florida at this point and found out that JACON in Orlando was going to be attended by many people in the community so I decided to go to finally meet everyone. I ended up rooming with Rozard, Jbone, and RedWolf. Decided Snackpants wasn't worth getting to know after he blew me off when Rozard introduced us both. Finally meeting everyone else though was a blast. I met Andy (Paizuri) one of those nights and expressed my interest in helping out the org. I also submitted my first Iron Chef video and watched it play on the big screen. That was definitely worth going for in itself. Immeadiately after the convention I drove to Destin, Florida and spent a few days with snhknives.
You guys were at Jacon '04, too? 2004 was the only year I went to Jacon. To think you guys were there, too. Niiiice.

I'd say 2004 was also my peak AMV involvement, but then everything went downhill after that. :p
I went to Jacon that year also...it wasn't as good a time as I would have liked... :roll:
Carlos and Wonka also have bad memories of that con but because they all got sick off of Fazzoli's... :lol:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Unlimited Rice wrote:You guys were at Jacon '04, too? 2004 was the only year I went to Jacon. To think you guys were there, too. Niiiice.

To bad we didn't really know each other back then... it would have been fun to hang out.
mexicanjunior wrote:I went to Jacon that year also...it wasn't as good a time as I would have liked... :roll:
Carlos and Wonka also have bad memories of that con but because they all got sick off of Fazzoli's... :lol:
Heh, I remember Brian telling me about the trip you guys made. I've made the drive from the Florida panhandle to San Antonio, TX once over the course of two days. Roughly that plus the distance from the mid-panhandle to Orlando non-stop and I can easily understand that if only because of the length of the drive you guys made. :P

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:33 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Unlimited Rice wrote: I'd say 2004 was also my peak AMV involvement, but then everything went downhill after that. :p
I went to Jacon that year also...it wasn't as good a time as I would have liked... :roll:
Could you be talking about the Fazzoli's that was a couple blocks away from UCF campus? If so, that place got closed down earlier this year, lol.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:36 pm

I did stuff ...

Panties?
:rofl: :ying:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Corran wrote:Beware DW, here comes another tl;dr post.
tl;dr

...maybe >_>

YOU FORGOT THE BEST PART. WHEN WE ATE BURRITOS AT HABANERO'S GRILL IN SAN ANTONIO.

That was the pinnacle of our friendship and it's been downhill ever since :P.

I KID
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

dwchang wrote: YOU FORGOT THE BEST PART. WHEN WE ATE BURRITOS AT HABANERO'S GRILL IN SAN ANTONIO.

I KID
:O How could I ever forget that.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Corran wrote:
dwchang wrote: YOU FORGOT THE BEST PART. WHEN WE ATE BURRITOS AT HABANERO'S GRILL IN SAN ANTONIO.

I KID
:O How could I ever forget that.
-_-

That's kinda creepy given that you met me maybe 10 minutes prior to this photo...

...STALKER :nono:

I counter with this picture.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 am

--
I end up watching AMVs while collecting other metal videos in late September. I watch this video for about an hour solid and end up getting into anime. This is a non-sequitur, but revealing the connections would be just stupidly self-indulgent.

--
I get a capture system and start working on videos. Most of them suck. This does not stop them from being pretentious, and eventually, I do too many videos for a span of about six months. (23)
I join the .org for the first time and list one video, which is now semi-lost.

--
I get even more overreaching, graduate college, and almost figure out what I'm supposed to be doing in this hobby. In amid school, work, and prepping for grad school, I apparently waste too much time working on videos. (41)
I join the .org again and it sticks. Somehow, one video allegedly wins an award.

--
I stun and revulse people at the inaugural AniBo, confuse Otakon pre-screeners with weird politics, and dabble in misogyny and racism to try to counteract any positive impressions. I produce about 24 minutes of self-indulgent crap, go to grad school, and detour into gags. (21)

--
I finish my first year at Michigan and produce videos that are weird, illegal, and deliberately antinormative. I quit school in November to work as an international tech gunslinger, and finally build a system that allows for DVD rips. (7)

--
I go on a spree and produce a relative ton of videos despite work, much of which is in another country. I do the first version of this biography, which will hold. (12)
I also contribute to Hell 0 with some of the more reprehensible non-sexual bits.

--
I finish the most time-consuming project of my career and some random junk around extensive international assignments. I contribute to the Graveyard project and end up with my audio stripped. (4)

--
I buck up and contribute to Conet, probably the only part of my record that doesn't suck. I go to Korea, which is not important until later. I get laid off and start a new job. (0)

--
peloton. It is not worth the wait. I am still mostly retired. (1)

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Return to “General AMV”