Need some help (newbie)

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
KikaKawaii
Org Profile

Need some help (newbie)

Post by KikaKawaii » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 am

Hello! I'm new here, also new at AMV making .. So I need some help. Just so you know, I've been trying to read and understand the "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!" but I don't really get it (since I suck at english ^^). So I'll ask my questions, and you all will be nice and answer me without any complain or calling me stupid? :cry:

First of all, I read that if Movie Maker is crashing or stuff, which happens to me a lot, you should upgrade your RAM (and that's basically what I understood). How do you upgrade it? Also, "If you are using multiple anime make sure that they do not have different frame rates or PAR/DAR as explained here" what should I read in that link? I don't want to spend my evening reading everything. If you'd like, please explain here ..

I don't think I should be asking about my audio, since I think I got it there .. Anything under 200kb should be okay?

And now to a question I didn't see; I've downloaded a RAW episode, and the thing is I can't make clips of it! It's in a really good quality, so I'd like to use it .. But it never works, first it shows up (the little box that says "Creating clips... Clips created: x) and then it disappears after a few seconds. It's an AVI, I think. The episodes that I can make clips of is the Windows Media file's (I'm not sure, but I think they're called WMA). A similar problem happened once, but then I couldn't even get the episode in movie maker so I downloaded DivX something, but that shouldn't be the case right? Since the episode now is there, I just can't make any clips.
I tried to fool Movie Maker by making a WMA of the AVI (putting the whole video on the timeline and then 'save movie file') but then the video got black! No picture, just audio.

Please help me, I'm dying to make AMV's! :D

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Need some help (newbie)

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 pm

To answer other questions:

1. to upgrade your ram (since you don't know how yourself I assume this is the better option) take your computer to a computer repair store of your choice, and ask them about options of upgrading the ram.

2. you want to make sure all your source matches in height and width and frame rate, if it doesn't then you can get conflicts within the program causing it to crash... the best way to do this is to convert all your footage before editing to make it all match.

3. your audio should be the highest quality available, uncompressed WAV is usually the best format for any editing program

4. Image

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Need some help (newbie)

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:25 pm

are images disabled in this forum?
oh well click the link O.o and don't edit with DIVX or XVID encoded footage.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”