So You Want To Be An Anime Music Video Editor?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:Yeah actually it does take my huffys. Just needs to render them.
Which is extremely irritating every time you move them in the timeline. :x

DV ftw on mac.
DV is lossy though, amirite?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:49 pm

The quality loss is minimal in DV, though. As long as you're not going through too many generations of conversions, the quality loss shouldn't be too noticeable. (Bear minimum, DVD Rip > DV > Huffy/Uncompressed (for export from editor) > Final encode. Quality loss there shouldn't be all that significant.)

Though, now this is just getting nitpicky. It just depends on what's more important to you - final quality or ease of editing.
... yea ...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 pm

LivingFlame wrote:The quality loss is minimal in DV, though. As long as you're not going through too many generations of conversions, the quality loss shouldn't be too noticeable. (Bear minimum, DVD Rip > DV > Huffy/Uncompressed (for export from editor) > Final encode. Quality loss there shouldn't be all that significant.)

Though, now this is just getting nitpicky. It just depends on what's more important to you - final quality or ease of editing.
Exactly.

Unless you have the eyes of a super powered microscope, you won't really be able to tell the difference.

In fact, if you just use mpegstreamclip, you can bypass using virtualdub on a mac altogether.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 am

Thank Kionon! You're awesome! This definitely helps 'cause I'm tired of doing all my editing in Windows+Parallels Desktop. :)

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:15 pm

FCE4 has been crashing slightly frequently. Is this because of the huffys or something else?
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 pm

gotenks794 wrote:FCE4 has been crashing slightly frequently. Is this because of the huffys or something else?
As stated, I have never worked with FCE, just FCP, and now I mostly edit with Premiere, so I really don"t know. I'Ll do some research and get back to you.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re:

Post by LittleAtari » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 am

gotenks794 wrote:FCE4 has been crashing slightly frequently. Is this because of the huffys or something else?
I edited a school project with huffys in FCP6, I ran into the same issue and I couldnt get the finished video to compress with Compressor. I told my teacher and he said that the only thing FCP can edit with is MOV or else you will run into issues. Wait for what Kio has to say though.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: So You Want To Be An Anime Music Video Editor?

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:57 am

I think the latest Perian is having issues with huffys in FCP; mine was crashing almost every time I tried to scrub across them. I might revert a version or just edit on my Windows box until the next version, but it's something to be aware of.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:28 am

LantisEscudo wrote:I think the latest Perian is having issues with huffys in FCP; mine was crashing almost every time I tried to scrub across them. I might revert a version or just edit on my Windows box until the next version, but it's something to be aware of.
Happened with me too, I just searched for an older version of Perian and reinstalled.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 am

Are we talking both PPC machines?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”