Site Downtime and Forum Upgrade

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Re: Site Downtime and Forum Upgrade

Post by Krisqo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I like the revamp. Took some time (like 1 hour) but this place feels like home again. Though I agree with Anubus about the width but we shall see.

:up: everyone who worked on this.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Just to clarify... I didn't upgrade the forum for fun. phpBB2 is an unsupported security hole which allowed the hack to happen. I didn't upgrade it before now since I was either busy or unmotivated, because I knew it'd be difficult with the custom changes/site integration. At least the hack/upgrade didn't happen during the busy summer/fall con season. (no offense to winter cons, and yes, I know it's not technically winter yet) So the old forum won't be back, sorry.

It's been a week... you can see what the old forum looked like again here. (That's an inactive forum, so it may not be able to be hacked. It's just a demo anyway)

Of course, since phpBB3 is the current version, security patches will be released. (I follow the phpBB news feed) Upgrading, for example, 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 is much easier than 2.0.23 to 3.0.1. (we're using the latest version as of this writing)
Orwell wrote:Will we see a return of the old board style eventually?
This is subSilver2, which is the phpBB3 version of subSilver, which we used before. I looked briefly but haven't seen an exact subSilver clone.
Scintilla wrote:Any chance we could get the tag tweaked to accept relative paths f ... new posts?
Vivaldi wrote:umm, about the vidid thing, it might be worth pointing out that now every link in the recommended amvs forum is broken. :/
I know.
Copycat_Revolver wrote:
Otohiko wrote:I love you guys Less so the new :roll: icon :amv:
They have chins.... Why do they have chins?
huh. I knew something was different, but at my resolution, and when I was tired/busy, I couldn't put my finger on it. I can put up the old ones, but I wanted to give the new ones a shot first.
Autraya wrote:Seriously tho how much caffine/energy drinks did it take to get it all running again
A lotta Coke Zero.
Autraya wrote:and do you accept payment in pocki for your overtime?
Yes. :D
u_queen wrote:(...and we have a friends & foes option.....weird ¬_¬)
You can read a little about it here.

I didn't have much time to work on it today due to work, another commitment, a meeting tomorrow, but the old smilies are back. You may need to shift-reload.

Thanks for the cupcakes, kittens, hugs, etc. :P
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

I wonder if anyone ever reads these

Post by Scintilla » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:22 pm

dokidoki wrote:At least the .hack//UPGRADE didn't happen during the busy summer/fall con season.
Fixed. :amv:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:25 pm

dokidoki wrote:the old smilies are back. You may need to shift-reload.
The header logos have been changed as well. If you're still seeing the orange versions, shift-reload.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Hey, wait a second. There's a huge flaw here, I'm not an admin on the new forum.

Is HTML gone for good or will href tags and the like be back someday?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:18 am

First off, awesome job resurrecting the forums :)

Now that we're kind of "moving on" so to speak, how about we begin to loosen certain restrictions that have been with us since 2001. Such as, signature height. I'm certainly not in favor of taking out the restrictions all together (if you go to other non-regulated boards, you'll see RIDICULOUSLY huge sigs. Certainly not advocating that). However, we've had this whole, "no bigger than 600x40, but you can have 2 of them" thing in place for a while. So what many people do is just make 2 of them and have them stack for a resulting height of 80. Why not just give up the ghost and say "600x80 total"?

Keep in mind, it's honestly been a long time since I've actually gone through the official forum rules so this may have been changed long ago, but this is how I currently know it. Thoughts?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:20 am

Brad wrote:First off, awesome job resurrecting the forums :)

Now that we're kind of "moving on" so to speak, how about we begin to loosen certain restrictions that have been with us since 2001. Such as, signature height. I'm certainly not in favor of taking out the restrictions all together (if you go to other non-regulated boards, you'll see RIDICULOUSLY huge sigs. Certainly not advocating that). However, we've had this whole, "no bigger than 600x40, but you can have 2 of them" thing in place for a while. So what many people do is just make 2 of them and have them stack for a resulting height of 80. Why not just give up the ghost and say "600x80 total"?

Keep in mind, it's honestly been a long time since I've actually gone through the official forum rules so this may have been changed long ago, but this is how I currently know it. Thoughts?
AIM wrote:jssssperr (1:19:10 AM): you didn't see my post on the front page of that thread
jssssperr (1:19:11 AM): :P
Atom is OK (1:19:24 AM): damn that was quick :O
Atom is OK (1:19:33 AM): I seriously like, hit submit, 10 seconds later, IM
Well okay then :o
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 am

Awesome work guys!

This phpBB3 forum looks like a lot to its fellow: http://forum.amv-france.com ;)

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:42 am

I guess it got mentioned before. Are you going to fix the width of the page?
Reading across a widescreen is seriously annoying... :down:

Thanks for the old smilies :D

aguelo
Org Profile

Post by aguelo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 am

Ohhh!!! Now the forum have a nicer look 8-) Nice job guyz :up:
See you sweat, unexpected, controversial; get used to it: things are gonna get personal...♪

Return to “Site Announcements”