Re: Site Downtime and Forum Upgrade

Post by Niotex » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks for the hard work guys. Your efforts will not go unnoticed :awesome:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:49 pm

jasper-isis wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:What's up with the logo?!? It's been...Halloweenized...and stuff.
Yeah sorry about that. So far it seems that we can only use one header logo for both layouts, and the blue in the original clashed horribly with the blue header in prosilver. In the end I changed it to a color that would look all right both layouts. If doki or Corran figures out a way to use different logos for different themes, then we'll put the original version back up on subsilver2.
Ah, I thought it was a transparency issue., where the blue would drop out..maybe that, too? lol anyways, all those people who said they'd rather the logo was done in orange - well, now they've got it.

One thing that's bugging me (aside from the logo and the chins): the logo at the top of the forum links to the forum index page and it used to link to the main page of the site. Any way to put it back the way it used to be? I get this trapped feeling, otherwise, like the forums are a dead end with no way out.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 pm

DriftRoot wrote:One thing that's bugging me (aside from the logo and the chins): the logo at the top of the forum links to the forum index page and it used to link to the main page of the site. Any way to put it back the way it used to be? I get this trapped feeling, otherwise, like the forums are a dead end with no way out.
Fixed

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:32 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:I'm in love.
RUN doki RUN!!

Seriously tho how much caffine/energy drinks did it take to get it all running again
and do you accept payment in pocki for your overtime?

regardless thanks for putting in all the time/effort to get things working again.

(I'll fix my sig later when i don't have to got to work :amv: )
new banzors in the making :p

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Corran wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:One thing that's bugging me (aside from the logo and the chins): the logo at the top of the forum links to the forum index page and it used to link to the main page of the site. Any way to put it back the way it used to be? I get this trapped feeling, otherwise, like the forums are a dead end with no way out.
Fixed
|:>

I caught something odd happening when I received a PM notification via e-mail - the forum mode switched from prosilver before/after I logged in to subsilver2 when I hit "reply." Subsilver2 is my default mode and I don't know why it would have switched only AFTER I hit "reply."

My penchant/misfortune for discovering weird bugs and things is beginning to emerge...

Dark Lord of Debate
Org Profile

Post by Dark Lord of Debate » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Any news on when the site will be accepting uploads again? The FTP server still appears to be down. Thanks!
~Patrick M.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:24 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I caught something odd happening when I received a PM notification via e-mail - the forum mode switched from prosilver before/after I logged in to subsilver2 when I hit "reply." Subsilver2 is my default mode and I don't know why it would have switched only AFTER I hit "reply."
The default style is prosilver for all users unless you are logged in and have subsilver2 set in your profile. We've set subsilver2 as the selected style for existing members since it is closest to what they are familiar with. All new users get prosilver, but they can change that setting in their profile if they prefer.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:31 pm

I think the new forums okay, it'll just take some getting used to.

However, there's now no way to access someones org profile via the forum, since the button's been removed. It's starting to annoy me. :/
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Dark Lord of Debate wrote:Any news on when the site will be accepting uploads again? The FTP server still appears to be down. Thanks!
Hopefully by tomorrow morning. If not, then by Wednesday morning.

Return to “Site Announcements”