How to Spot a Bootleg

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I would too. I don't know of any attempts to try such a movement for anime though. I do know that letter campaigns did work - sort of - for American network TV shows that were scheduled to be cancelled a few times. Since we're also dealing with the policies of multiple countries, we're probably just pissing in the ocean with impossible wishes to legally obtain our favorite animes if they aren't overwhelmingly popular.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:25 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:
Odinsdragondaughter wrote:petitions or mass letter writing campaigns would work.
If you can provide 1 example of online petitioning/mass letters working, I will personally sign every petition you throw at me.
How did they do it in the case of The Big-O! ?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Scintilla wrote:
The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:
Odinsdragondaughter wrote:petitions or mass letter writing campaigns would work.
If you can provide 1 example of online petitioning/mass letters working, I will personally sign every petition you throw at me.
How did they do it in the case of The Big-O! ?
I have no idea what you're talking about. What Holocaust? :uhoh:
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Post by guardiansoulblade » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 am

I accidentally bought a bootleg once, nearly had me fooled until I checked the subtitles. It had typos! LOL! I'm never buying one of those again, I'm sticking to Amazon, WalMart or Best Buy where I know the real stuff is.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

Amazon has bootlegs too, just so you know. (Well, some of the sellers on Amazon, anyway.)
... yea ...

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:27 am

LivingFlame's Sig wrote:... yea ...
:|

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 am

Dr. AaronAMV wrote:
LivingFlame's Sig wrote:... yea ...
:|
Meet the limit of my creativity. :|
... yea ...

Chaobunny12
Org Profile

Re: How to Spot a Bootleg

Post by Chaobunny12 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Just thought I'd add my input, I almost bought a bootleg recently, so nobody ever buy from foxanime. It's an evil site >_>

Sometimes I hate the internet. I don't understand how sites like that are still in operation and haven't been reported and taken down yet. Curse dishonest people. :(

EmmanuelC
Org Profile

Post by EmmanuelC » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi guys. This is my first post here.

I found this thread when google-ing on how to spot bootleg cds etc. I bought a cd on ebay last December and it turned out to be a bootleg from K-O records. http://www.k-ocd.com/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0248521185

When I saw the price of that CD I immediately went to click buy then after I won the item. I was wondering if it could be a bootleg due to the rather cheap pricing.

When the cd arrived I saw that it was indeed a counterfeit cd. So if you guys were in my situation, what would you do? I do not like to support piracy. I have not opened the cd and I do not intend to keep it. I have asked the seller if he would refund me if I sent it back and he said yes, but some people told me to keep the cd for 'evidence' that he is selling pirated stuff. I don't know what for though. And I have filed a claim with paypal but not escalated it (2 days left to escalate it). But it has been quite some time since I had this cd with me because I was thinking of what to do...

Thanks guys,
Emmanuel

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:27 am

Hey guys, this isn't really a bootleg case here, but both of these DVDs say that they're digitally remastered...

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 8242/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 1293/4/0/0

Which would be the better choice to go for?

Return to “General Anime”