AWA PRo Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:33 am

Say Quu, do you happen to have any idea about when we should recieve the VHS tapes with all the videos on them? The reason being is that I move a few weeks after the deadline, now someone at my old address will foward them to me if worse comes to worse. I was just hoping they'd get here before head out.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

MikageNoMiko
Org Profile

Post by MikageNoMiko » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:16 pm

Um... I have a couple questions on the AWA Pro's, maybe someone could help me out. They're asking for 2 secs of black video before and after the actual video. Personally, I plan to submit in digital format, should I be adding those 2 seconds on the front and back to my video (which has no bumper already) or does that rule only apply to people who enter VHS's? Thanx for your help!
Julie (a.k.a. Mikage No Miko, a.k.a. Krychick #20, a.k.a. Callisto's Protege, a.k.a. Drusilla's True Soulmate)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:23 pm

Mikage..... RTFM..... you are not alowed to make digital entries for the pro contest.

Senta
Org Profile

Post by Senta » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:42 pm

Mikage..... RTFM..... you are not alowed to make digital entries for the pro contest.
Ashton, perhaps you should do the reading.

http://www.awa-con.com/vat/proawards.html

It doesn't say digital submissions are not allowed.

Paperskunk
Org Profile

Hey i'm actually submitting

Post by Paperskunk » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:43 pm

Heh, too poor to attend......so sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but i will be submitting one of my videos. Now to summon the strength to go out and buy some blank tapes....
Bring the OT forum back!

Far From Perfect - My latest

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:06 am

I am also submitting digitaly, I didn't put the 2 seconds in the front...I don't think you have to...because they are all going on to VHS as well...Humm...I'm not sure though... ^^

MikageNoMiko
Org Profile

Post by MikageNoMiko » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:53 am

I'm putting it in anyway (the 2 secs in front and back) just in case, although I'm also adding a version with bumpers just in case it makes it... here's hoping...
Julie (a.k.a. Mikage No Miko, a.k.a. Krychick #20, a.k.a. Callisto's Protege, a.k.a. Drusilla's True Soulmate)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:35 am

According to the rules for digital submissions you should still have that blank leader space for your video as well as the blank space after for transferring and blind judging purposes. (Depending on which contest you are entering.)
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:02 am

Oh Crap! I misread one of the lines.... oh well.. now I just feel really stupid.... I'm still submiting on VHS 'cause I don't like all the hassle and ambiguity of digital submission rules.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:49 pm

Okies, I have a question.

I'm from Canada and when I went to mail out all my stuff, they said they couldn't give me a price on return postage.

However, it cost me $9 to sent it there, so I sent a US money order for $15 US to pay for return postage...that was the best I could do. I don't think it will cost more then $15 to send it back to me considering it was only $9 to send down to you.... I hope this works out ok...

Return to “AMV Contests”