NEW!! Anime Rudeboy Productions 80's AMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:12 pm

Nice idea Tommy. I've always thought 80s music isn't seen enough in AMVs, although I fear that Hentai catagory, the thought of something like Micheal Jackson to a hentai just scares the living crap out of me.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

PhReAkAzOiD187
Org Profile

Post by PhReAkAzOiD187 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:16 pm

excellent. my friends rip on me for liking 80's music so much. how many vids can we enter and does it matter if they've been made in the last couple months. (i.e. my Teksetter! video set to van halen)
hmm, maybe i should put off my other projects for now and think of this one, it could be interesting. also, is the video disqualified if the quality isn't that top notch, my teksetter video got DQed from CSUN's contest because of quality, it's not bad on a computer screen but it looks pretty awful on a projector.
Men fight because they enter into insanity, the weapons they use are just amplifiers to increase that insanity.

<a href=http://www.entropy-studios.com>-=Entropy Studios=-</a> -In the blink of an eye

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:31 pm

Sweet, I'm in.

I've got a couple ready-made that would fit the bill nicely! Quality is so-so, as these were made in the early 90's on VHS, and only this year have been transferred to digital format.

As such, it fits in perfectly with the old-school mentality. :)

Also have an idea for a good combo that might or might not be a quickie worth attempting.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:24 pm

My miniAMV project idea is using 80's music, so I'll be able to kill 2 birds with one stone on this thing. :D

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:27 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Nice idea Tommy. I've always thought 80s music isn't seen enough in AMVs, although I fear that Hentai catagory, the thought of something like Micheal Jackson to a hentai just scares the living crap out of me.
I call Michael "Jackson - Beat It" for this category...
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

temaranight
Org Profile

Post by temaranight » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:19 pm

Dannywilson wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Nice idea Tommy. I've always thought 80s music isn't seen enough in AMVs, although I fear that Hentai catagory, the thought of something like Micheal Jackson to a hentai just scares the living crap out of me.
:shock: *just dies* lmfao!
wow! I've got ready made vids and all! I knew my 80's music fetish wasn't a bad thing! :twisted:

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:37 pm

Clarification/change to rule 5:

Covers and remixes FROM the 80's are allowed. This means remakes of older songs done by 80's groups are allowed.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:46 pm

Ahhhh! How freaking awesome. Now I'm just a newb, but I'll try to give it a shot.

Great idea. :)

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:22 am

Funny... I have a video tailor made for a contest like this... hmmm... ^_^
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:31 am

Dannywilson wrote:
Son of a.....

Oh well, still got "Billie Jean" and "Smooth Criminal" :lol:

Return to “AMV Contests”