AMV Autobiography

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:51 am

Castor Troy wrote:Even koop says 2006 sucked.
And as we know, to many folks on the org, if Koop said it must be true and hundreds of fanboys (and girls) will repeat it.

End of argument yeye?

ALL HAIL THE KING (PWOLF)
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 am

Heh. I'm not saying 2006 didn't suck. It did. I'm just saying 2005 was the turning point that brought me here because that was the year my marriage ended. I've never had a positive turning point as such. My wedding (1999) and the birth of my son (1999) don't count because those aren't what got me back into looking at anime. My divorce was.

It went something like this: Divorce ---> free of husband ---> went looking for pin-up art of guys ---> found a picture of Gojyo in a cowboy hat ---> discovered Saiyuki ---> got hooked on Saiyuki ---> remembered enjoying the Vampire Hunter D in the 80s. --> got a copy of that --> found out there was a second Vampire Hunter D movie ----> got a copy of that ---> remembered liking the Ninja Scroll movie in the 80s ----> got a copy of that ---> remembered seeing Inuyasha a few times on Cartoon Network whenever the hell that was ----> went looking for that.

I still haven't got past Inuyasha as far as seriously attempting to see a whole series other than Saiyuki and NOTHING ELSE inspires me as much as Saiyuki does. I've seen a few trailers and the freebie episodes on NewType USA demo DVDs. I've half-heartedly watched Bleach, Naruto, and whatever else happens to turn up on Cartoon Network. But I have yet to see anything else that really captures my attention. I'm just weird that way. *shrug*

I don't remember if the Cowboy Bebop AMV with "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" song was the first one I saw or if it was a Saiyuki one I found at an Italian Saiyuki fan site. It doesn't really matter. What matters was that I discovered I had the means to combine my favorite music with my favorite anime as if I were making my own soundtrack then experimenting with the images to get specific results like those funky old music videos from way back when MTV actually played music videos. Ha! Even just playing around with art book pictures and manga scans to get slide show / screen saver style videos amuses me.

Every video I do is dictated by the song even if I start with an idea for a different element. If the song has lyrics then I try to choose images that match the words. So on and so forth. Sure, it's not an original method. But you know what? I don't care. I'm having fun making these for my own pleasure and if someone else enjoys them too that's good enough for me. I'm not here to win popularity contests or prestigious awards. I'm just here to share my love of something. ^_^

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:21 am

Pwolf wrote:
Infinity Squared wrote:I also notice that 2006 seems to be a high point for a lot of people here.
2003 is where it's at :|
x2

2003 was by far my best and most productive year...followed by 2005.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 am

Odinsdragondaughter wrote:Heh. I'm not saying 2006 didn't suck. It did. I'm just saying 2005 was the turning point that brought me here because that was the year my marriage ended.
In all seriousness, take what some of us say with very little well...seriousness. You seem to have a very particular situation with that year and frankly all of us have a special time in our lives. Don't let any of us take that away from you. Frankly most of us are just lurkers who like to troll *cough*.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES
-Daniel

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 am

2006 wasn't horrible. I did win awards in 2006....for a video I made in 2005. :P

But as for actually being productive with new ideas, 2006 really wasn't good for me.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Infinity Squared wrote:Hmm...

I guess I can't put anything else... since mine has been posted WITHOUT PERMISSION :lol:

Seriously though, this is what I wanted to see when I posted that autobiography on LJ. I was definitely interested to read other people's histories and where their videos fit in to their lives at the time and I thought posting mine first could give people the idea to follow.

/me continues reading.

(there's a lot to read and I intend to read them all)
You gave me permission by asking to see more. You never specified where anyway. |:>

Regardless, this is awsm still... I've just about caught up with all of them.. all very cool. :up:
Hi.

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

dwchang wrote:In all seriousness, take what some of us say with very little well...seriousness. You seem to have a very particular situation with that year and frankly all of us have a special time in our lives. Don't let any of us take that away from you. Frankly most of us are just lurkers who like to troll *cough*.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES

*nods* That was a strange time in my life. On the one paw, something I had cared about a lot and put a lot of work into had died suddenly. On the other paw, I was presented with more freedom than I'd ever had before. Go figure how life works.

Heh. Be warned. I'm a babbling stalking psycho. Or so I'm told. I can't keep my big mouth shut even when my life depends on it. :P

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm

dwchang wrote:SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES
why can't i remember any other good line from that movie...

if you're me from the future... what number am i thinking right now?
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

LuluandAuron
Org Profile

Post by LuluandAuron » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Odinsdragondaughter wrote:*nods* That was a strange time in my life. On the one paw, something I had cared about a lot and put a lot of work into had died suddenly. On the other paw, I was presented with more freedom than I'd ever had before. Go figure how life works.

Heh. Be warned. I'm a babbling stalking psycho. Or so I'm told. I can't keep my big mouth shut even when my life depends on it. :P
Can relate to a point, it was actually the loss of a baby that got me back into my art and eventually into editing. For anyone who read my bio, that was between power point and the vcr to vcr editing :wink: I'm okay about it though. Every child teaches you something about yourself, Bradon just did it very quickly in his short little life. I gave up a degree in Science to pursue art LOL

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:48 pm

downwithpants wrote:
dwchang wrote:SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES
why can't i remember any other good line from that movie...

if you're me from the future... what number am i thinking right now?
69 dude!

As for other lines, frankly if you just take some of Neo's lines from the Matrix, you're golden.

Whoa!
-Daniel

Return to “General AMV”