Copyright (or credits) at Corner of Video

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
dewdrops_999
Org Profile

Copyright (or credits) at Corner of Video

Post by dewdrops_999 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:51 pm

Hiii friends...I have a doubt in Windows Movie Maker, and nobody has an idea about it...

I made some video mixes in Windows Movie Maker but ppl are stealing them cos I dont have my name on it. So I thought of keeping my name in the videos, i.e., to keep my name as copyright on every frame of the video at the bottom corner. But the problem is, Windows Movie Maker has options for Credits at beginning, credits at end, credits on particular slide, etc., but they dont have an option to give our name as credit on all frames at a corner of the video. I tried my best, but couldnt do it.

So can anyone please help me out and tell me how to keep my name at the corner of the video using WMM?

Thanks

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Well, you can't actually copyright an AMV in the first place, since an AMV itself is generally copyright infringement (and as such, is illegal).

But other than that, someone else will have to tell you how to put a watermark in the corner of your video. I wouldn't know how to do it in WMM.
... yea ...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:55 pm

use the titler :/
and WATERMARKS = FAIL

dewdrops_999
Org Profile

Post by dewdrops_999 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am

JaddziaDax wrote:use the titler :/
and WATERMARKS = FAIL
Well by copyright, i dint mean the real copyright, i just meant my name at the corner of the video like '(c) dewdrops_999' - something like that, so that nobody can claim it is theirs.

Sorry but I dint understand this - use the titler :/
and WATERMARKS = FAIL

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:51 am

If you look at the top of WMM, select the "tools" tab, there is a thing that says "Titles and Credits". click that.

And by WATERMARKS=FAIL, JaddziaDax means that nobody really likes to see what you're asking for when they're watching a video.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm

what The Origonal Head Hunter said..

To elaborate, what you are looking to do is called "watermarking"... I think that watermarks are ugly and distracting and can completely kill the mood of the video - I even hate them in television broadcasts. They don't stop people from "taking" your footage, they just make it easier to recognize it when they do..

And if your friends are saying that you stole clips/videos BECAUSE you DON'T have a watermark your video, that's complete bull crap. I've only once watermarked a video and that was because the project required it, and I was too lazy to take it out, and no one has ever tried to tell me that I've stolen videos/footage because I did not watermark the rest..

Also, a watermark doesn't prove anything of weather or not you made the video, I could easily go and take one of The Origonal Head Hunter's video and slap my name on it and pretend it's mine, but that doesn't mean it is mine. That doesn't mean that I took the time to capture, edit, and publish his video.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:I could easily go and take one of The Origonal Head Hunter's video and slap my name on it and pretend it's mine, but that doesn't mean it is mine. That doesn't mean that I took the time to capture, edit, and publish his video.
You assume I took the time to edit my own videos. :ying:
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:36 pm

you should note that I never said you did either O:

ButterflyIllusioned
Org Profile

Re: Copyright (or credits) at Corner of Video

Post by ButterflyIllusioned » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Assuming you're using WMM2 (XP version)...

1. Go to Tasks > then click "Make Titles or Credits"
2. Click on "title on the selected clip"
3. Put your username or whatever you want as a watermark. Find the text you want to use and make it the smallest size.. For a watermark, I suggest white with 60 percent or more opacity
4. Click on "Change Title Animation"
5. Click on Subtitle (or Subtitle Lower if the option is available to you.)
6. Go back to "Edit the Title Text" and put your watermark where you want (left, right, or middle)
7. Click "Done, add to movie"
8. Now, stretch that text box that appears below your AMV from the beginning to the end of your video.
9. Viola~! You now have a Watermark.

*Note: You can add the watermark anywhere you want.. You don't need to use "Subtitle".. It's just a suggestion. I use Kartika for my text since it's really small and about 80 percent opacity. Again, it's up to you.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”