Another Anime Con 2008 Ballot + Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:29 am

DriftRoot wrote:Cool, now I've got more videos to check out. Congratulations everyone! I wish I'd made it to see in person! (I fell and sprained my ankle walking out the door to drive down to AAC.)
I read, we were all hoping you'd make it! As long as you feel capable of stepping outside next year we'll be recruiting for an EIE competitor to challenge this year's champion =P

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 am

Congratulations to all of the winners :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 am

DriftRoot wrote:Cool, now I've got more videos to check out. Congratulations everyone! I wish I'd made it to see in person! (I fell and sprained my ankle walking out the door to drive down to AAC.)
At least my plan to destroy the wrists of all amv creators, possibly eliminating the competition worked to some degree. :twisted: :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Melichan923
Org Profile

Re: Another Anime Con 2008 Ballot

Post by Melichan923 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 pm

dokool wrote:We were kinda expecting you to be there given that you're from NH, what gives? The con chair glares at me every time I tell her she's gotta mail one of these heavy trophies :P
Sorry, I know! :( I was expecting to be there as well. I'd been looking forward to being able to go AAC ever since I moved to NH and then I found out the first day of October that I wasn't able to go. *Re-reads the entry in her AMV journal and gets stressed again* Not a good day to find out the bad news (and my final cosplay outfit for the con was like this close [] to being finished...gave up for now). Boo for things coming up suddenly and ruining plans! :down:

My stress doesn't beat DriftRoot's though on any level, poor girl. That is the ultimate letdown: All set to leave and then- BAM! - falling and getting hurt. :cry: Get better soon, DriftRoot. *Gives you cookies* Weren't you sick during AB this year as well? (I think I remember reading that in your journal one night.) That's very bad luck!

Anyway, I will be attending AAC next year even if I have to walk there. :o
Image Image

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Castor Troy wrote: At least my plan to destroy the wrists of all amv creators, possibly eliminating the competition worked to some degree. :twisted: :twisted:
So THAT's why my carpal tunnel's been acting up lately. *glares at wrist brace* heh, the right side of my body is in pretty bad shape right now. Braces on both ends of me. :D
dokool wrote: I read, we were all hoping you'd make it! As long as you feel capable of stepping outside next year we'll be recruiting for an EIE competitor to challenge this year's champion =P
I'm capable of stepping outside, I'm just not capable of walking more than a few feet without my crutches and an ice pack. Besides, I'm very bad at video editing and I would present no challenge whatsoever. :P
Melichan923 wrote:My stress doesn't beat DriftRoot's though on any level, poor girl. That is the ultimate letdown: All set to leave and then- BAM! - falling and getting hurt. Get better soon, DriftRoot. *Gives you cookies* Weren't you sick during AB this year as well? (I think I remember reading that in your journal one night.) That's very bad luck!
*eats cookies and gains weight from not being able to go to the gym for a few weeks*

Yeah, I was deliriously sick at AB this year. Hit me Friday night and by Sunday morning I was a zombie. I remember talking to people and saying some weird things that got me some weird looks...but not much else. It's all a blur. My clearest memory is actually dokool saying "Is Drift here?" in the AMV panel and me going into lecture mode about the pen tool, but I think it's because that was before I technically went down for the count. :roll:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Castor Troy wrote:At least my plan to destroy the wrists of all amv creators, possibly eliminating the competition worked to some degree. :twisted: :twisted:
that would explain it O:

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I wish I could have been there. I heard that when the judges asked if I was there so I could get my trophy, Tara yelled over the crowd at the judges:

"HE LIVES IN TEXAS!!!!"

LMAO. I was really hoping that I would be able to make it this year. But, my ride backed out at the last second with a:

"I don't feel good, man...."

Bahh.....oh well.....Can't wait till my trophy comes in the mail. XD
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 pm

What was the total number of votes my video had in comparison to the claymore one?

And how many votes for the This is Death Note Halloween video compared to the Haruhi Suzimiya one?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 pm

TwilightChrono wrote:What was the total number of votes my video had in comparison to the claymore one?

And how many votes for the This is Death Note Halloween video compared to the Haruhi Suzimiya one?
We can't give out vote totals - sorry.

Grats to all the winners, and thanks for making it such a fun contest to run.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:15 pm

How long do you think it will take for my trophy to come in the mail?

I do apologize for not being able to be there.
We can't give out vote totals - sorry.

Tis okay.

Return to “AMV Contests”