Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 am

Albireo Imma wrote:Nope, there was only an anime

5 chapters that only got as far as Suzaku's arrest for Clovis' death
Got the manga with the special set.

WTF NO MECHS?! UNPOSSIBLE!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

CrazyLee
Org Profile

Post by CrazyLee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:08 am

Halfway through the series so far!

I have to say the Chinese Empress is the cutest most adorable loli in any anime for a long time. ooo I just want to hug her to death!

Also, Episode 12: High School Comedy Romance Episode lolz. The ending though, with Orange-kun and Shirley... O_O
"KNUCKLEHEADS! Ready your soramimi cake and eat hearty, for TONIGHT WE DINE IN RASPBERRY HELL!!!" - Ninjaman94

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:18 am

LeeKitten wrote:Halfway through the series so far!

I have to say the Chinese Empress is the cutest most adorable loli in any anime for a long time. ooo I just want to hug her to death!

Also, Episode 12: High School Comedy Romance Episode lolz. The ending though, with Orange-kun and Shirley... O_O
You're going to be very sad after this next episode >__>

/spoiler
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CrazyLee
Org Profile

Post by CrazyLee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Ep 13: Gah, new opening and ending. Do not want! Expected... but still do not want! :(

What about Kallen? Lelouch seems to have forgotten about her. :(

Vielletta's ass in that tight mini-skirt @_@

This is more like it! None of that high school comedy... cyborgs and ninja maids fuck yea!

Lelouch... you should have worked out more in your free time... what a horrible time to be weak ass.

"If Lelouch was on top, we'd both be falling" O_O *insert gay joke here*
Otohiko wrote: You're going to be very sad after this next episode >__>

/spoiler
DO NOT WANT!!! Rolo... I hope you die painfully.

Ep 14:
Go Go Cornelia! Hell yea!!

Awesome mech battle!

And I've seen animated gifs of the scene between Suzaku and Kallen so I know what's going to happen in episode 15!

Ep 15:

Dude, Vielletta. Don't you get it? Love transcends boundaries of race or status or birth!

C.C. D:

uhhh... Maybe the Suzaku and Kallen fistcuffs is in another episode?

I love the fact I have spoiled almost nothing in this entire entry. If anyone reads this they'll be like "Uh wtf does this mean?" :D
"KNUCKLEHEADS! Ready your soramimi cake and eat hearty, for TONIGHT WE DINE IN RASPBERRY HELL!!!" - Ninjaman94

CrazyLee
Org Profile

Post by CrazyLee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Episodes 16-20
Spoiler :
I love the new C.C., She's cuter than the old one. I'm just surprised that Lelouch hasn't taken... certain liberties with her memory loss... 8-)

The new Gurren kicks serious ass. My god this is awesome.

So THERE'S the scene where Kallen kicks Suzaku's ass....

Speaking of Suzaku, I hate this guy so much. He is such an utter tool and douchebag.

Rolo I hated too because of what he did to Shirley, but after he rescued Lelouch and died, I have some respect for him now. Some.

It's about time serious war broke out. But damn. Turning Tokyo into a giant crater. That's some screwed up shit right there. And this is why I love this series so much.

And now Lelouch has no supporters. Damn.
After seeing all that I've seen, I'm worried about the ending. Sure, I expect Lelouch to pull some other wild-ass plan out of his ass, like he usually does when the odds are against him.

All I ask is that, in the end of the series, he completes what he set out to do and destroys the empire, with thousands of FLEYA warheads if he must, and leaves the empire a wasteland, with people running around on fire and screaming as they die.

If it turns out that he falls over dead in prison with Charles still in power (and I could totally see the Japanese doing that kind of bullshit; They'd probably pass it as some kind of dumbass symbolism about not tackling goals much larger than yourself, or not using violence to make the world better, or some hippie pacifist shit), I'll hate this anime, I swear.

That kind of thing would give me reason to fly over to Sunrise studios and launch my own FLEYA at them.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Given your positions, I think you'll be quite pleased with the ending. But also very surprised I bet... Hopefully it's not a spoiler, but neither your "good" nor your "bad" guess are right. They're not extreme enough 8-)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:50 pm

It is still good to hear that people still talk about this anime :3

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I've figured out why Jeremiah is labelled Orange out of everything they could have called him - Orange Plans were the US military plans incase of war with Japan during the interwar years, so to call him Orange is saying he sided with the Japanese over Britannia.

Small pointless trivia, just something I noted from "And I was there" about naval intelligence development during the interwar years up to the massive, unbelievable failure that was Pearl Harbor. The most preventable strike on US soil I've ever heard of.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:52 pm

I personally doubt that is why zero called him orange. It was probably the first thing that came to their mind and they just went with it. He could have been named anything and the outcome would be the same: revealing an "unknown, dark past."

If your reson was not so obscure I would tend to agree with you, but so few people are aware of the "Orange plans" that I believe they wouldnt bother basing it off that because they would know that almost nobody would understand the significance.
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:19 am

Didn't Lulu say when asked by CC that he just said it... the meaning wasn't important but that "people would find meaning in it"...

Seems he was right. ;p

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”