Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Otohiko wrote:It'd be odd if there was a new Code Geass series considering how much they rushed the already-popular R2. There was a lot in R2's storyline that could've been expanded on and the series could've been simply been turned into a three-season affair instead of two. The fact that it wasn't tells me there wasn't an interest in extending the series anymore.

But hey, you never know. If it sells...
Personally, I think now that it's over, it better be over.
Yeah... Well I haven't had enough. I WANT MORE!
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 am

I agree with Otohiko, a sequel would be a great mistake, let it end as it is. It was perfect ending.

But even though, if they made one, I already know I would still like it as hell... >_>

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:47 am

Instead of a sequel, how about a remake instead of what Goro Taniguchi had originally envisioned the series to be? I doubt it will happen but who knows..

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 pm

An OVA would be nice
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Flame-X wrote:Instead of a sequel, how about a remake instead of what Goro Taniguchi had originally envisioned the series to be? I doubt it will happen but who knows..
A remake fit to challenge Monster would be awesome. But after some consideration of the matter, I agree with Oto, it concluded, let it die.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I think we just need manga to see the "real" version of it, that's all. Which I suspect will actually happen.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 am

Just finished ep 25, slow I know, but I have to say, even after I saw all the negative comments surrounding the finale, I still think it was pulled off very nicely. The buildup of emotion in the final scenes was really intense, and I think sunrise did a great job delivering a satisfying end to a very worthy show.

I don't really care too much about the speculation, I think it ended and this is how it should stay. Sunrise left it open enough for people to make whatever they wanted from the ending, not that it really matters now that everything's over.

All in all, I was pleased that they gave a good ending to a series that's had so many plot twists. It's been a long ride til now, but I can't say that it hasn't been enjoyable.

Last thing from me, but Continued Story is really touching now that I have this association with the music.

Albireo Imma
Org Profile

Post by Albireo Imma » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:55 pm

They left behind some plotholes though, but I think the Manga is a different story I think

*goes to read*

Albireo Imma
Org Profile

Post by Albireo Imma » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Nope, there was only an anime

5 chapters that only got as far as Suzaku's arrest for Clovis' death

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:12 am

I decided to rewatch the first season for the first time and I gotta say they put a lot of foreshadowing in from the very first episode. I kind of thought they were making up a couple things as they went along like the world of CC being a memory based thing where you can commune with the dead but its very evident if you've seen the latter season.

After Clovis's death the emperor in the first season (3rd or 4th episode) says to an underling while standing on the sword of Akasha in the world of CC that "I was just talking to Clovis" and "we need to move up the plans".

If the world of CC really moves and works like that then the emperor knew from almost the very beginning that Lulu was Zero.

Pretty awesome. Although at Clovis's funeral in season 1 CC is watching the emperor and seems like she's seeing Charles for the first time when she says "Lelouch's enemy eh?" or something like that... It seemed a bit out of character and probably would have been more enigmatic or accurate if she had just stayed quiet looking at the tv.

Still I dig the foreshadowing and planning. I love seeing stuff like that. Like in Bleach when you realize Ichigo's father never called Kon by Ichigo's name when he looked like him. Very different series but I always like when you can see a creator is planning ahead.

I hope none of that is spoilers. But its all first season stuff... if someone is reading this thread after the show is over I hope they've at least watched the first few episodes. If not mods feel free to spoiler tag it.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”