Like I said at AWA 2007 about a year ago, I was gonna take a break for a while from running any VG Projects, and since that time has passed, it's finally time to start the 5th VG Project!
The theme for this year is now free for all, which means any era of gaming, any game, any system from the Atari to the PS3. Although the presentation of the project will most likely be 8-bit like Megaman 9.
If you're interested in joining, please read over the Rules and Guidelines
- Videos must be in MPEG2 format in 720 x 480 in 29.97, 23.98/24 fps (NO 3:2 pulldown!)
- Any source is now allowed whether it be anime, live action, cartoons, etc
- You must have 2 seconds of black before and after your videos
- You must use game footage and connect it to your source in a coherent way
- Videos should be longer than a minute and a half and shorter than 3 minutes. Shorts should be 45 seconds or less. Going over is subject to my approval
- First priority will be given to people who have finished VG4 tracks and anyone else I find trustworthy. However, don't let that discourage you from joining since we always get alot of great new talent on each project
- All videos will be uploaded to a designated ftp, contact me for details
Once you have a track in mind and an idea, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or PM me
with the following.
- Your name/real name
- 2-3 tracks you are interested in (Please provide urls for them)
- Anime/Shows/Movies you will be using
- Your basic ideas for all of the tracks (Not answering this or saying "I don't know yet", "I think of something later" will most likely not convince me to give you a track)
- If you want to make a short, then give me your general idea here along with the source/audio
Video Game music remixes can be found on OCremix, VGmix, and other sites.
Sadly since I'm working now, I won't be able to get on AIM as much until the weekend, so make sure you check your emails and PM's often as those will be the main way I will be contacting everyone
We will not be using a yahoo mailing list this year since it's a pain in the ass to setup for everyone and nobody really uses it anyways.
- Proof of concept betas are due April 31
- All betas are due July 31
- Absolute Final Deadline is August 31
, not in Sept like the past projects
Anything else is covered in the rules.
Good luck and let's hope we get this project off the ground!