Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Blanco22 wrote:Here's my take on the ending.
Spoiler :
Lelouch is alive, forever. He doesn't have Charles's code but CC's. Here's my reasoning.

First, after Charles dies in the World of C, Lelouch still has and continues to use his geass. If he took Charles code at that point, he would've lost his geass. We don't know enough about the immortality codes to say for sure if he could pick it up later, but from what we've seen I assume it needs to be transferred from one person to another. It just can't sit around floating in the air until Lelouch decides to take it.

Second, by taking CC's code he would fulfill his contract with her and by being the sole bearer of an immortality code, he would spend the rest of eternity making sure no one ever gains the power of geass again. That's his price to pay for what he's done. Dying would just be too easy. I've been asked, if CC transferred her code, why is she alive? But we have only two instances of a code being transferred. VV was already dying, and the woman who gave CC her geass and died. I don't think these two instances are enough to say for sure that by transferring your immortality code you die.

Third, when Lelouch lands near Nunnally and she touches him, she sees his memories. She doesn't just suddenly understand what happens. She sees his memories, just like when Lelouch touches CC and sees her memories. I believe this is pretty solid evidence that he has some immortality code.

Maybe Lelouch did get Charles code and lives happily forever with CC. I'd enjoy that more, but I think the interpretation I just gave is more fitting.
Spoiler :
But with that explanation CC's words wouldn't make sense (the thing about geass making you lonely... not).

For how I see it, Sunrise made such "holes" in the theories people may come up eith on purpose. Because it is harder to define the "right" ending like this and every one of us is left with whatever he wants to think/believe.
I like it this way.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Spoiler :
I like the version where Lelouch takes the Emperor's code because that means that Lelouch has both C.C.'s geass and V.V.'s code. That makes Lelouch the Code Geass.

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Spoiler :
Also makes sense with the second season title... RR or R2.

Otherwise its just kind of an odd title.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 pm

Chrono63 wrote:
Spoiler :
Lelouch is alive, forever. He doesn't have Charles's code but CC's. Here's my reasoning.

First, after Charles dies in the World of C, Lelouch still has and continues to use his geass. If he took Charles code at that point, he would've lost his geass. We don't know enough about the immortality codes to say for sure if he could pick it up later, but from what we've seen I assume it needs to be transferred from one person to another. It just can't sit around floating in the air until Lelouch decides to take it.

Second, by taking CC's code he would fulfill his contract with her and by being the sole bearer of an immortality code, he would spend the rest of eternity making sure no one ever gains the power of geass again. That's his price to pay for what he's done. Dying would just be too easy. I've been asked, if CC transferred her code, why is she alive? But we have only two instances of a code being transferred. VV was already dying, and the woman who gave CC her geass and died. I don't think these two instances are enough to say for sure that by transferring your immortality code you die.

Third, when Lelouch lands near Nunnally and she touches him, she sees his memories. She doesn't just suddenly understand what happens. She sees his memories, just like when Lelouch touches CC and sees her memories. I believe this is pretty solid evidence that he has some immortality code.

Maybe Lelouch did get Charles code and lives happily forever with CC. I'd enjoy that more, but I think the interpretation I just gave is more fitting.
Spoiler :
But with that explanation CC's words wouldn't make sense (the thing about geass making you lonely... not).

For how I see it, Sunrise made such "holes" in the theories people may come up eith on purpose. Because it is harder to define the "right" ending like this and every one of us is left with whatever he wants to think/believe.
I like it this way.
Spoiler :
I don't think he would loose his geass by obtaining charles code, since his geass is not from charles but from CC. going by that, it makes sense for him to take charles code and still carry CC's geass. Charles lost his geass since he took the code from the person that gave him his geass.

Blanco22
Org Profile

Post by Blanco22 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:25 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:
Chrono63 wrote:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I like it this way.
Spoiler :
I don't think he would loose his geass by obtaining charles code, since his geass is not from charles but from CC. going by that, it makes sense for him to take charles code and still carry CC's geass. Charles lost his geass since he took the code from the person that gave him his geass.
Spoiler :
That's an interesting possibility, then he could live with CC forever! I like that.

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
Spoiler :
I like the version where Lelouch takes the Emperor's code because that means that Lelouch has both C.C.'s geass and V.V.'s code. That makes Lelouch the Code Geass.
^This
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:43 pm

I for one am still not sure where all these theorizations come from :amv:
Although given the way the series treated its plot, anything is possible I guess. Personally, I prefer a less complicated, and more character-oriented take on the ending.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:44 am

yeah I really never got the whole code thing. At least not how it interacted with the geass.
Spoiler :
My belief that Lulu is alive comes from a couple things.

1) The unexplained crystal clear images that Nunnally got.
2) The paper crane in the cart with CC
3) The second season name. RR or R2. Matches with CC or C2 and VV or V2. But the only character that could match the name is Lulu.
4) The driver wasn't shown.
5) CC was either chatting about something secret and dangerous with a random farmer within earshot who was giving her a ride. While mentioning the name of the world known and hated emperor who just died and who's minions are scattered around the earth after his downfall.

or

She was talking to now (somehow) immortal Lulu who's taking her back to her somewhat happy times before tragedy and Geass came into her life. Or at least somewhere in the country where they aren't surrounded by people who could recognize either of them. How or why he ended up immortal I don't care. You've got one real immortal already so its not out of left field. Its kind of unclear how he achieved immortality but it had something to do with the geass which Lulu also had. So its not out of the realm of possibility that something similar happened.

6) All the people who had their lives staked on Lulu's life (who wouldn't be dangerous if they knew the plan) aren't upset. In fact they seem happy.

7)CC Has either completely forgotten about the burden of her immortal life and her thousand year old quest to be killed.

or

She has found purpose and a companion who knows her true name and is a great friend and possibly more.
Really I don't care how it happened. It does make sense to me at least.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 pm

I WANT MORE GEASS!

Did anybody else notice how they left it open for the possibility of a sequel. I think they should do something where they do an alternate universe/ alternate history thing where somebody else get's Geass. Or did could have C.C give Geass to someone else hundreds of years later.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 pm

It'd be odd if there was a new Code Geass series considering how much they rushed the already-popular R2. There was a lot in R2's storyline that could've been expanded on and the series could've been simply been turned into a three-season affair instead of two. The fact that it wasn't tells me there wasn't an interest in extending the series anymore.

But hey, you never know. If it sells...
Personally, I think now that it's over, it better be over.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”