Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Bwahahaha, oh yeah isn't it awesome?! :twisted:
ImageImage

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:59 pm

angelx03 wrote:Bwahahaha, oh yeah isn't it awesome?! :twisted:
VERY :twisted:

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:52 pm

Just wait until the last few episodes of the first season. They will BLOW YOUR MIND.

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:45 am

Those first four episodes got me hooked in a good way. While the rest couldn't keep the awesomeness level at the same hight the whole way through (a hard thing to do imo), it is still one of my favorites.
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 am

AaronAMV wrote::shock:
Just watched the end of the fourth episode... Aka first arc "Spirited Away By the Demon."
This show is way F***ed up. I've never watched anything like this before.
Yeah, it kinda is. The second series is weaker though. Doesn't have the atmosphere anymore.
And if you want really f***ed up try watching Shigurui. Higurashi is violent, right? Well, compared to Shigurui it's laughable. :D

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 pm

DaMetzger wrote:
AaronAMV wrote::shock:
Just watched the end of the fourth episode... Aka first arc "Spirited Away By the Demon."
This show is way F***ed up. I've never watched anything like this before.
Yeah, it kinda is. The second series is weaker though. Doesn't have the atmosphere anymore.
And if you want really f***ed up try watching Shigurui. Higurashi is violent, right? Well, compared to Shigurui it's laughable. :D
I don't think it's the fact that Higurashi is violent is as disturbing as the fact that it's violent and creepy. With creepy violence, in fact. (episode 19, for example)

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:32 pm

I dunno, I felt the second series was the concrete that binds it all together into a single package. The gore is not as high, but it just blows my mind how everything eventually got weaved together.
Spoiler :
The whole series gets an A+ from me, though. My favorite arcs are the ones where Mion and Shion were trading places. When the "answer" arc for that one came, and you saw all the stuff that was going on in the background, and see just how demented Shion had become... man, it sends chills up my spine. I cringe every time I see the fingernail pulling scene. :shock:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Garylisk wrote:I dunno, I felt the second series was the concrete that binds it all together into a single package. The gore is not as high, but it just blows my mind how everything eventually got weaved together.
Spoiler :
The whole series gets an A+ from me, though. My favorite arcs are the ones where Mion and Shion were trading places. When the "answer" arc for that one came, and you saw all the stuff that was going on in the background, and see just how demented Shion had become... man, it sends chills up my spine. I cringe every time I see the fingernail pulling scene. :shock:
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I feel the exact same way as you.
... yea ...

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm

LivingFlame wrote:
Garylisk wrote:I dunno, I felt the second series was the concrete that binds it all together into a single package. The gore is not as high, but it just blows my mind how everything eventually got weaved together.
Spoiler :
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I feel the exact same way as you.
Agreed.
Spoiler :
To be honest, I didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition style torture.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:48 pm

Hareoic wrote:
Spoiler :
To be honest, I didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition style torture.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”