Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Sae is weird. :?
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm

No new episodes in over a month, what gives?

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:18 am

watched the first episode, It's like lucky star with out the constant nerd culture references to keep it interesting. (I know seasoned watchers of the genre must be tired of everybody people comparing every new slice of life that comes out to LS, but...hey :/ ) but the cuteness got me through, I'll check it out somemore.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:33 am

Ishbalan wrote:Horizontally elongated faces. :down:

Sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. Wideface is the best thing about this show |:
Sukunai wrote:It's nice to watch an occasional series that's just plain pleasant.
Very much agreed, this is one of the main factors for me watching this, it doesn't try too hard to be funny or deep, and even though nothing spectacular happens it's amazingly enjoyable to just sit back and watch to relax.
Ishbalan wrote:No new episodes in over a month, what gives?
Translators are taking a break I think (one of them was moving locations so he couldn't translate for that period of time), which is sad because now I don't have my weekly dose of wideface.
Vivaldi wrote:(I know seasoned watchers of the genre must be tired of everybody people comparing every new slice of life that comes out to LS, but...hey :/ )
Yeah, to be honest I don't see any similarities between this and Lucky Star, give or take the genre and high school girls (which can be applied to most anime really) but hey, it's up to the viewer. I personally enjoy this far more than LS.

Anyway, it's funny how for season 1 I liked Miyako the most, and then Yuno. As far as second season is concerned, I find Yuno a lot more likable now, not saying that Miyako is any less enjoyable.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 am

I meant that the thing that threw me the most at first when watching this show was the faces.
It just took some getting used to.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Ishbalan wrote:I meant that the thing that threw me the most at first when watching this show was the faces.
It just took some getting used to.
I found them kinda cute. ;)
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Having not seen this series (yet), I gotta ask... Why does that girl have X's taped to the sides of her head?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 am

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:Having not seen this series (yet), I gotta ask... Why does that girl have X's taped to the sides of her head?
The same reason girls like Haruhi have a ribbon in their hair.

It's just a visual device to add to the look.

It's just a hair clip draw in a simplistic fashion.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:50 am

Just finished watching episodes 9 and 10, which made me realize how much I'm gonna miss this show when it's over. None of the new shows this season really make up for the lack of a nice, relaxed and humorous show like this.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Re: Hidamari Sketch

Post by Ishbalan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 am

11 is out.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”