Yaoicon Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
maricela
Org Profile

Post by maricela » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks for the correction :D * Goes fix the video description*

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As someone who runs several AMV contests, I agree with CorpseGoddess.. There still are more Male editors (but not by much as it use to be) and I find that female editors make all sorts of different types of videos...

However one intresting point is that in a lot of the action videos do tend to be male dominated, but only in that category...

Vlad
This is the reason I think I get so few action videos. Furthermore, given the nature of the con, you don't have a lot of shounen-ai or yaoi titles with the appropriate source material for that and I've noticed in recent years more videos using those sources. However, a lot of videos can and do use action from popular shows amongst the same audience.

Remember, though we are talking yaoicon there is a huge fanbase for typical shonen shows (Code Geass, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Naruto, D Gray Man). Every one of these has plenty of source material for an action video and yet I hardly ever see them.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Anyway, congrats to all the winners/finalists! *^_^*
ImageImage

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

wurpess wrote:x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Yeah, I've made it my goal to make more vids for this for next year---especially since I'll finally be attending! :D

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:36 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:
wurpess wrote:x2 What Anneke and CorpseGoddess said. So I guess I should get my butt into gear and start making it a point to submit to Yaoicon. :P (*Ish female who enjoys editing action vids**^_^*)

Yeah, I've made it my goal to make more vids for this for next year---especially since I'll finally be attending! :D
Awesome! *Is jealous. So wants to go! *^_^* * I plan on making it out some year. Just don't know when. (Since I'll be going alone. Bf already said he wants nothing to do with it. :roll:)
ImageImage

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:55 pm

wurpess wrote:
CorpseGoddess wrote:

Awesome! *Is jealous. So wants to go! *^_^* * I plan on making it out some year. Just don't know when. (Since I'll be going alone. Bf already said he wants nothing to do with it. :roll:)
I'm going with my best friend Laura, who's as much of a bishie head as I am. You will have to come sometime so we can get together a bishie-gang. :D

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Yaoi-Con Contest results

Post by BunofGovt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Congrats to the winners and finalists! Didn't make it to the viewing of the entries (not sure where I was, that day was kind of a blur, as was the rest of the weekend
:wink: ) or the redux. Hopefully links will be available soon for the winners?
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:However one intresting point is that in a lot of the action videos do tend to be male dominated, but only in that category...

Vlad
Hey, that number is dwindling. :x
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

myka
Org Profile

Post by myka » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 am

The Wired Knight wrote: My bad - fixed it

Sorry like I said, I did that off the top of my head sice I'm trying to catch up with work at the moment.
Thanks for the clarification <3

tyris_o
Org Profile

Post by tyris_o » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:15 pm

anneke wrote:My videos were not the best. I've been into BJDs the last year, and those have taken my soul. I however was proud to break people's brains with my 'Yaoi Drug' video. For those who saw the contest, it was the video with the guy spinning around.
I have a drawing on a napkin from Saturday night dinner where myself and a couple others tried to explain the positions to friends who didn't attend the AMV contest. There was much laughter and amused tears. Will you be uploading it to your website? I'd really like the chance to break the brains of my friends.

Return to “AMV Contests”