Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Spoiler :
seemed to me she inclined her head towards the driver... besides would she be talking about Geass just randomly in the back of some guys cart? And why not show the face of the driver? It could have been anyone... If it was supposed to be a random guy why show his shoulder but not a hint of face?

Also I was wrong and Lulu didn't make the cranes... Nunnally did. Which makes even more sense if Lulu has one around to remind him of her... It wasn't with CC... it was between her and the driver.

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 am

Lord Rae hit what I was going to say, and C.C. usually doesn't talk randomly by herself :|
Spoiler :
Though, she could of been communicating with Lelouch through the world of Geass or w/e it is called.

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:05 am

Lord Rae wrote:
Spoiler :
And why not show the face of the driver? It could have been anyone...
Exactly, it could be anyone. If it showed a random guy, it would mean the producers chose death. While covering him leaves everything to the viewer's wish/way of thinking/interpretation. Choose whichever you want.

This comment is very convincing. Though, I'm still not sure which ending would I prefer. They both have good points. ^^

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

Anyone can fake deaths

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

loveanime18
Org Profile

Post by loveanime18 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:54 pm

OmniStrata wrote:Anyone can fake deaths

^_^
Spoiler :
Exactly. Look at Suzaku. Perfect example XD
Life is filled with good memories and bad ones, but memories are what you make of them.

Albireo Imma
Org Profile

Post by Albireo Imma » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 pm

Oh truly

Though epic ending in my opinion D:

Though he pulled an Itachi somewhat

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:41 am

Albireo Imma wrote: Though epic ending in my opinion D:
x2

I just finished the last few eps of the series, and you know, while it does seem like they rushed through, well, the last couple of arks, the ending was awesome and absolutely made up for some of the rather wild (entertaining but often way-out-there) shuffles in the last quarter of the series. In all fairness, the series probably could've done with another season - R2 definitely did rush things in the second half. But I think it really brought everything that was important in the series to a logical close, and wrapped up the main characters' stories just as it should've. It was Lelouch's story and it ended as Lelouch's story. It could've been more of a mecha anime and expanded more on the side characters, but in the end it was really just a theatric piece. That's what it should be treated as. Towards the end, and especially the end itself, really reminded me of Gankutsuou - and was better in some respects.

Honestly, bravo Sunrise! It's been a long time since a series was so thoroughly entertaining and at the same time dramatic. If only they could've done that with a few less plot holes...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Spoiler :
Why'd Lelouch have to die? Now I'm sad... I feel sorry for Nunally, and Suzaku, and Kallen.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

§Daisuke
Org Profile

Post by §Daisuke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:49 pm

One of THE best anime I've watched in a long time.
Spoiler :
Honestly when Lelouch died, I literary got goosebumps.
Congrats Sunrise.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:46 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Spoiler :
Why'd Lelouch have to die? Now I'm sad... I feel sorry for Nunally, and Suzaku, and Kallen.
Hey, the point of the ending, and the reason I'm so happy with it, was that everyone got exactly what they deserved
Spoiler :
Especially Lelouch and Suzaku, I think the way the ending was handled for them was brilliant. Both of them completely realized their sins, so to speak, and paid fully for them. Lelouch planned his own suicide and at the same time saved the one symbol he'd built, Zero. Suzaku, in the end, paid with his own pride and name, becoming that symbol instead of continuing to pursue his stupid, selfish, arrogant goals that he had earlier.

Nunnaly and Kallen also got what they deserved. Nunnaly, like Euphemia, paid for her criminally dangerous naivete, and like Suzaku she will now have to live with losing the one person that mattered most to her and hopefully work from her own will rather than being a tool of others. Kallen, conversely, was absolved because she always acted out of real belief and trust - even though she followed Lelouch, it wasn't because it was a safe, easy option based on some lofty ideals - it was really a passionate, personal truth for her. And she constantly suffered for it, unlike many others (who, I'm glad, got what they deserved in the end). So I'm glad that she became the one character shown after the ending as gaining happiness. She was my favorite character in this series and was definitely the one who deserved the good (if really status-quo) ending she got!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”