Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:33 am

OropherZero wrote:thoughts on second last ep?

because of the amount of anime which = cliffhanger endings which gets resolved in the next ep and the predictablility <- (created a new word) of it, i refuse to believe what happened.
I'm waiting for Lunar fansubs so I'll reply most probably today or tomorrow.
Still,I can't say I liked what you just told.Hope they don't fuck this up too...

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Sorry for double post...

In the end,I watched ep24 online from veoh first.Couldn't wait for Lunar.
Spoiler :
Anyway,I just hope that what I saw at the end didn't truly happen.Or to put it right,hope the plane detonated but Alto escaped somehow.Else,it'd be a disaster...

Still,ep24 was very good.Sheryl was excellent for another on episode and woah,she is Mao's daughter.The same Mao we saw in Macross Zero...
ps:I want the plane figure which is shown at the ep25 prequel...^^

gaunai
Org Profile

Post by gaunai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm

I want that figure as well...
Spoiler :
I have a strange feeling that Alto is still alive.. although with Michel died I almost stopped watching the series... LOL.

Hopefully all turns out for the best.. Ranka dies, Alto and Ranka's false older brother, skull 25, end up fighting.. somehow.. I just wanna see those two pound the crap outa each other for no random reason.
Anywho... I personally like Frontier better then the original... it was just too slow for my tastes.

Heero_Yuy84
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy84 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:43 am

I wouldn't worry much about Alto based on the franchise, and more specifically, the director.

Macross, in general, has had a reputation for fairly low body-counts.
Really the only one which did a fair number of named character kills was the original (which, as opposed to the rest of the Macross titles, wasn't directed by Kawamori, but Noburo Ishiguro.)

More to the point. Kawamori's done tricks like this before (two pilots in 7 had fake-out 'deaths' like this before and survived...including one having his fighter blown up with him in it.)
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 am

Anyone see the last ep yet?

I'm kinda disappointed at the ending. Feels totally rushed. My opinion is based on the first watch so it might change after watching the 2nd or 3rd time.
Almost every song is played by both Sheryl and Ranka mixed/mashed together during the battle. Oh I feel sorry for the fansub watchers, expect spammage on karaoke slapped on to the screen so you won't enjoy the epic eye candy battle.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:53 am

haha yeah, lots of songs, watched it in raw so I was just O_O all the way with epic animation and battling. but yeah the ending feels kinda.... well I was happy enough but something about it in terms of the relationship aspect of the show annoyed me.

Anyway I bet the upcoming Frontier movie will be a retelling like DYRL though theres room for a sequel or spinoff I guess since it is Macross afterall.

I need to watch Macross Plus now because that planet looks familiar...

but yeah animation of final ep :up:

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:42 am

Ep25 was F***ING HOT!!!

Though the ending was indeed a bit rushed(just the all went good stuff),I was more than happy to watch this episode in raw.The karaoke would kill the experience of such an intense battle...

The battle had an explosive animation,it was beyond everything I've watched for quite a long time (well,a bit worse when compared to Evangelion's Rebuild Movie) and with also a lot of eye candy.Colourful battle banzai!!
Concerning the sound,the final battle used pretty much every we've heard so far.Thank god they used "Lion" in the final part of the battle.Best song of the OST for sure...^^

Anyway,I can see this episode's footage being used in a lot of amvs.And in mine too.Now to get my hands on creditless openings and endings of Frontier. 8-)

ps:Macross Frontier Movie???Hell yeah. :D :D

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 am

Meh, the loli needs to get out of the picture.. moar sherylXalto plox.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Oh hey, an ending that I'm okay with.

That's rare for anime.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 pm

Did not like ending. Wrong girl got slapped. I hate this "power of love" crap, and I wish they would resolve the damn triangle.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”