Zero no Tsukaima F

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 pm

There's unfortunate amounts of fanservice though.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:34 am

Vivaldi wrote:There's unfortunate amounts of fanservice though.
Fanservice seems to come in two forms.

Choice A, innocent amount of nudity or quasi nudity and lingerie moments simply because anime doesn't shy away from it intentionally.

Choice B, not even interested in avoiding it, because it's not so much fanservice as it's the point of the show, as the show is about the humour connected with the fanservice.

And this show's fanservice is mostly about how Louise summons a normal healthy teenage japanese boy to her world as a familiar. And Louise is a flat chested loli looking girl that couldn't cast a spell to save her life, unless it's void magic and meant to be an epic moment of the series.
And it's about how every female of note admitted to the show has incredible hooters and just happens to want Loiuse's familiar to themselves, and it drives Loiuse crazy.

So anyone objecting to tit scenes and big boob humour really has the wrong show.
And they likely don't want to watch Kamen no Maid Guy either.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:51 am

hmm . well I, for one, could care less about the Fan Service -- this series has such
great potential for doing something wonderful but; the writers 'just don't get it :?

.. a girl being the Dragon .. yeah; that fits with the land that they live in. Sorta makes
ya wonder what the other Animals in this series truly are :P

. as for Louise not caving-in to her desires and putting-up this phony-front of Princess,
those are habits reflected in the eyes of the Homeless; "I'm worth something -- now if
I only knew what it was ... EWWW -- this is SOO Frustrating !!" ... sound familiar ?

What I am still waiting for is the answer to, "why the tears of the Water Maiden did not
work on her mothers poison yet cured the love-potion within an hour :x " and "how
could she loose the Ring that she kept on a string at the end of the series? " -- I mean
check-it-out; she had no intension's of giving that ring to anybody!!!

.. if I were writing this series, even to enter into the story at series 3 episode 9, there
would at least be a plot forming where ALL of their powers were starting to Merge
into one extremely powerful spell .. dividing the five pointed school star symbol into its
now "seven pointed star symbol" for Warriors.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:57 pm

Sukunai wrote:
He's not going to get any of the girls even though they sure all want him.
Spoiler :
he officially chooses Louise in the second season. technically anyway. the third season kinda tries to throw that back into wack again.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 pm

well the last ep was the best in this third series. basically in the end, louise is still tsunare to saito and wont admit her feelings, shes the one causing the relationship problems :/ especially since every season ends with a saito x louise kiss but she keeps excusing it as a requirement of the contract. erm tabitha joined saito's harem too. oh and not really a spoiler but at the end the queen made louise the successor of the throne, god save tristain because louise ain't going to XD

time to wait for season 4 next year =D

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 pm

There's nothing intrinsically unique about Louise and her inability to do what we all think should be so obvious.

Nor is there anything intrinsically unique about Saito's inability to just finally clue in to a lot of things he should just get around to saying more effectively to her.

I have come to learn that most anime seems written this way.

Not being Japanese and never having lived in Japan, but, are guys in Japan really this way :) I mean, never seeming to be able to decide, never being able to just say the obvious?

Or is it just a popular device in anime plots?

If I was Saito and I had ever at any point in the series told her I loved only her, and she kept demonstrating that she needed to be convinced constantly, I think it would rapidly get to piss me off :)
Granted, the writers keep dumping him in scenes where he gets caught alone with a girl with great big hooters, and that's clearly Louise's biggest weakness.

I'm not going to beat up the writers over not letting people die, or new cast members that are weirdly changed though. I've been dealing with TV shows that had directionless or seemingly random thinking for years. Why think anime invented the behaviour :)
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

Nankotsu
Org Profile

Post by Nankotsu » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Another season done....... we still know next to nothing about Void magic, other this........ it pwns.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:24 pm

.. Void Magic was not the Story; it was Louise and her homeless attitude that was the story of her heart!

In the end, Tabitha got her way and the Dragon got some too ^___^

. . . of course, they realize; this series is FAR from over ( its just out of Funds. )

.. but ... do we say Good-Bye to Zero's ... or ... is there .. a ... 4th series ?? hmmmm

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:30 pm

They shoulda just ended it with the 2nd season and then made a hentai oav 3rd season [oh yeah, Kirche, Siesta and hot Henrietta sex0rs]

The 300 Movie style ending of the 2nd season was Gawd-like and it seems the show is devolving into UFO Princess Valkyrie. [ongoing random comical shtuffs] At least UFO had catgirl armies...

Here's hoping Siesta and Henrietta jump his bones first. Hell Jessica should have a turn too ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Urion
Org Profile

Post by Urion » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am

With Saito's luck he will get them all into bed and then bam he wakes up in his bedroom alone with a big headache from a concussion...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”