HuffyYUV vs. Uncompressed = Uncompressed Wins?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Hareoic
Org Profile

HuffyYUV vs. Uncompressed = Uncompressed Wins?

Post by Hareoic » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 pm

For some reason, I've found the only way I can save a .wmv file with a decent amount of clips (as in maybe 100 things on the timeline, including transitions and text) is to use uncompressed RGB files. HuffYUV, however, won't even make an effort to save the file. Anybody know why this might be?

(And the DV-AVI seems to drop frames and significantly reduce audio quality for me, plus I sometimes use 23.976 FPS footage, which means I can't use it when I do so)

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 pm

huffyuv doesn't save files for you? oh wow it does everything for me, even edits my videos and has m@D skillz in effects... :ying:

uncompressed is marginally better provided you have the HDD space, and you should compress and attach your audio stream in vdubmod not keep the audio that exported from WMM if you can help it.
I've been seeing posts about droping frames a lot, what is your actual project fps setting as opposed to the foorage you're feeding it?
new banzors in the making :p

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:03 am

Well when I was actually trying to save it as DV-AVI, 29.97. Though I think I forgot to make the still images into movie files as well (seems to help). Recently I've used 23.976 instead, and haven't tried to save it as a DV-AVI at all.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:09 am

Also remembered to attach the audio in VDubMod, but it fell out of sync.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”