AnimeFest 2008 AMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:38 pm

MikeWilliams wrote:
Drama Category
First Runner Up - Beneath the Rose by Erin Ngyuen
=O ....Never thought it would be that close. Wow. Congrats to all the winners too! I hope to see all these videos uploaded. XD Now I feel confident in uploading Beneath the Rose too. =3

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
MikeWilliams wrote: I'd like to give special thanks to MexicanJunior. He came though and ran what I understand was a great how to make an AMV panel at AnimeFEST. I would have loved to have seen it, but unfortunately Hurricane Gustav pulled me away from the convention. I'm back now, and am happy to be able to publicly give MJ my thanks.
No problem, it was my pleasure... :D
What was shown and how did it go? :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:13 pm

MikeWilliams wrote:The following will be posted on the AnimeFEST 2008 web page just as soon as we're able to. Hopefully, before the end of day today!

The Winners for the AnimeFEST 2008 AMV contest were:

Action Category

Second Runner Up - Zuko Against the World by Raul Barraza
First Runner Up - Be a Man by Kerry Potts
Winner - Fate Eternal Inferno by Avalon Blade Works
I'm more shocked that "Be a Man" placed 2nd (after Episodes 7-8 of GL having been shown a couple weeks ago) than my entry finishing out of the money. I hope it was a strong competition there! :)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
MikeWilliams wrote: I'd like to give special thanks to MexicanJunior. He came though and ran what I understand was a great how to make an AMV panel at AnimeFEST. I would have loved to have seen it, but unfortunately Hurricane Gustav pulled me away from the convention. I'm back now, and am happy to be able to publicly give MJ my thanks.
I showed your new Ippo vid (crowd loved it), along with several others, including some of my own and the co-host of the panel's vid. If I recall correctly, I also showed Twilight (Kewp's new vid), Tainted Doughnuts and Gothic Poetry.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
I showed your new Ippo vid (crowd loved it), along with several others, including some of my own and the co-host of the panel's vid. If I recall correctly, I also showed Twilight (Kewp's new vid), Tainted Doughnuts and Gothic Poetry.
Sweetness, thanks man. :D

Hopefully you'll come out of retirement soon...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Millenium Strife
Org Profile

Post by Millenium Strife » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:28 pm

Congrats to all the finalists and winners. Looks like we had some very good videos competing against each other this year! Hope everyone enjoyed my video since I was unable to travel there in person. ^^

-MS

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:41 pm

who were the finalists?

CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Congrats to all! :D

I'd be interested in seeing the finalists as well.

YakkieChans
Org Profile

Post by YakkieChans » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:25 am

My AMV "What Inu's fighting for" done to Mulan 'A girl worth fighting for' did not win, but it did get shown on the big screen during the contest.

I am DokiKittyProductions

I was told that my AMV got so close to winning that they decided to have it played, which made me feel really happy.

Ashnak
Org Profile

Post by Ashnak » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 am

lol apparently I missed your request (for which I'm really sorry!! :( ) The other 3 were Matt Voorhees (Empath), Jeremy Maynard (Charmaynard), and Katie Rogers (not sure she has an account on the org just yet lol).

I was happy to see such a positive response to the vid...we will definately have to send something your way next year!

Return to “AMV Contests”