Japanese Apples Anyone?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Red Wolf
Org Profile

Japanese Apples Anyone?

Post by Red Wolf » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:51 pm

Well these aren't really AMVs but they have a Japanesse theme, were made for geeks, and are funny (I hope) so I thought y'all might enjoy them.

Apple Computers has been running switch ads on TV with real life people tell their PC to Mac stories. Well Apple for some reason decided to post four commercials from Japan along with the American commercials on their web site. And yet they didn't subtitle those four commercials, done totally in Japanese. So, being the Mac loyalist that I am, I subtitled them for Apple. And no, I'm not fluent in Japanese :twisted: That's where the fun begins.

All four newly subtitled commercials are available online. They are in MPEG-1 format, are 30 second long, and are only 5 MB each.

http://homepage.mac.com/red_wolf/files.html

Godzilla - Might want to save this one for last. The subtitling had to be a little fast and the others will get you warmed up.

Like Ellen - If you haven't seen or heard of the Ellen Feiss switch commercial then check it out at http://www.apple.com/switch first. The running opinion amoung Mac geeks is she was stoned during the commercial's shooting.

Model - Hope you aren't wearing Calvin Kline.

Sake - Example of a bad business practice.

Hope you enjoy them and feel free to leave an opinion here or via email since I'm not going to list these on the site.

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:34 pm

HAHAHA, great job on the translations. Finally I can understand all of the commercials, before it was just "I" "IMAC" and "XSERVE", I couldn't understand the rest :P

Those are really funny too, so they were well worth the translation.

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:06 pm

wonder if I should get my Japanese roomate to translate these...

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:08 pm

Woohoo....great job Paul, I love these...."I am the man in the rubber suit."
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”